D&D 5E "Punishing" Player Behavior

Mort

Legend
Supporter
You can try to control every little thing to make sure everything is fair, or you can let your players play.

Seriously?

One player's character murdering another player's character in their sleep, when rules at the table either do not address PvP or expressly prohibit it - is not a "little thing."

It is something worthy of immediate discussion above game.

If players are into into it - great.

But if players are not into it - this is an out of game issue and needs to be resolved as such.

Seriously?

One player's character murdering another player's character in their sleep, when rules at the table either do not address PvP or expressly prohibit it - is not a "little thing."

It is something worthy of immediate discussion above game.

If players are into into it - great.

But if players are not into it - this is an out of game issue and needs to be resolved as such.
You can always let the player come back as a really powerful revenant. ;)

Mort

Legend
Supporter
You can always let the player come back as a really powerful revenant. ;)

You seem to be kidding - so OK.

But, yeah, don't do this!

Perpetuating the cycle is bad on multiple levels.

The worst of which is that spotlight gets hogged by two people going to increasing lengths to kill each other in game, regardless of anything else.

I've watched this happen, it completely sucks the fun from the table.

You seem to be kidding - so OK.

But, yeah, don't do this!

Perpetuating the cycle is bad on multiple levels.

The worst of which is that spotlight gets hogged by two people going to increasing lengths to kill each other in game, regardless of anything else.

I've watched this happen, it completely sucks the fun from the table.
I am kidding. But, I mean if the group is that dysfunctional, it seems better to split them up or kick one out or just leave the group all together. It doesn't seem that difficult. Even if there was a close friend in the group, it is pretty easy to say: "Yeah friend, the way they play just isn't my cup of tea. Sorry. But have fun."

Remove ads