Push enemies question

Tellerve

If a fighter with tide of iron (or really any hero that does some power to push, pull or shift an enemy) hits an enemy in front of him, but behind that enemy are three other enemies perpendicular to the fighter (they all make a T), he wouldn't be able to push them correct?

Seeing as he can only push the target one square and that would go into the enemies square, any of the three allowed via the push mechanic. Or does he push both? I highly doubt that last part, but I'm throwing it out there as I haven't found anything yet in my readings to say No outright.

But my gut is that he just doesn't get to push him.

Tellerve

Kordeth

First Post
Correct, if there's no valid square to push the target into, you can't push that target. Note though, that if you had the ability to push the target two or more squares, you could push him past the line of his allies, because he can move through an ally's square, just not end his move in it.

Mort_Q

First Post
Code:
.BBB.
..B..
..F..

Bs are the Baddies, and F is the fighter, if I understand your scenario.

I think both:

Code:
.BBB.
.B...
..F..

and

Code:
.BBB.
...B.
..F..

are legal.

Victim

First Post
If a fighter with tide of iron (or really any hero that does some power to push, pull or shift an enemy) hits an enemy in front of him, but behind that enemy are three other enemies perpendicular to the fighter (they all make a T), he wouldn't be able to push them correct?

Seeing as he can only push the target one square and that would go into the enemies square, any of the three allowed via the push mechanic. Or does he push both? I highly doubt that last part, but I'm throwing it out there as I haven't found anything yet in my readings to say No outright.

But my gut is that he just doesn't get to push him.

Tellerve

If he only pushes one square, then yeah that's the case. If he can push more than one, then the struck foe can be thrown past his allies.

Kordeth

First Post
Code:
.BBB.
..B..
..F..

I think both:

Code:
.BBB.
.B...
..F..

and

Code:
.BBB.
...B.
..F..

are legal.

Nope--the push has to end up with the target farther away from you. Those two destinations are equidistant from both the fighter and the baddie's original square (the fighter is only one square away from all three).

Tellerve

Code:
.BBB.
..B..
..F..

I think both:

Code:
.BBB.
.B...
..F..

and

Code:
.BBB.
...B.
..F..

are legal.

Actually they aren't, with a push, you have to get farther away. If it was a slide then those movements would be legal, but not for a push.

And yeah, I figured if you had a push of 2 or more then you could push him through his friends. Good to bring it up though.

cheers,

Tellerve

SSquirrel

Explorer
Hmm, I Thunderwaved an enemy the other day and since the text made it pretty clear the push came from energy coming up from the ground, we blew him right oevr teh head of our Fighter to end up behind him. We didn't give an OA tho. So the correct play would actually have had him stop in front of our Fighter then right?

Kordeth

First Post
Hmm, I Thunderwaved an enemy the other day and since the text made it pretty clear the push came from energy coming up from the ground, we blew him right oevr teh head of our Fighter to end up behind him. We didn't give an OA tho. So the correct play would actually have had him stop in front of our Fighter then right?

You can't move the target vertically, so by the RAW you can't pull that stunt.

Depending on how many squares you counted it as it might not matter. If you had two squares left and went from

Code:
xxxxx
xxFxx
xxBxx
xxWxx

to

Code:
xxBxx
xxFxx
xxxxx
xxWxx

Then it would be okay, because you could have moved the B(badguy) around the F(fighter) diagonally. If there was no where to go but through the fighter(like in a one square wide hallway), then yes you have to stop. Also, if you only had one more square of push (thus putting him next to or on the fighter) he has to stop in a legal square, not get bounced to a farther away legal square.

Edit: Technically you can't move people vertically, but if it comes to the same end (no extra conditions or extra movement) I'd be fine with it being described that way.

Remove ads