Q: Can Rousing Voice give temp HPs after resting?

BartD

First Post
The title says most of it. As far as I can read, it depends on whether you can "Second Wind" while resting. Can you?

Feat text from CB: "When an ally within 10 squares of you uses second wind, he or she also gains temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier."

DracoSuave

First Post
You can, however they expire in 5 minutes.

So, if you rest again to get the second wind use back, they lose the temporary hit points, and if you don't, they don't have their second wind in the next fight.

So either they have second wind or the thps. It's up to you as to how valuable that is.

keterys

First Post
Temp hps don't expire in 5 minutes, only after a rest. So they'd go away if you tried it during a rest. If you did it right after the rest, it'd work fine.

So, no matter how you work it, they can choose to have either Second Wind available or temp hp available.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Temp hps don't expire in 5 minutes, only after a rest. So they'd go away if you tried it during a rest. If you did it right after the rest, it'd work fine.
Doesn't it depend on the source of the temp hp? Isn't there a general rule about the duration of effects from powers that says 5 minutes unless specified otherwise? Unfortunately, this is a feat so that general rule doesn't apply I don't think.

keterys

First Post
Doesn't it depend on the source of the temp hp? Isn't there a general rule about the duration of effects from powers that says 5 minutes unless specified otherwise? Unfortunately, this is a feat so that general rule doesn't apply I don't think.

Wouldn't matter if it was a power under the current rules - any more than you roll back damage or healing. Temp hp have their own duration rule...

Not that I like that rule, mind you. But there ya go :)

BartD

First Post

So, no matter how you work it, they can choose to have either Second Wind available or temp hp available.
Thanks!
This is what I hadn't thought of. If you take the temp hitpoints you don't have your second wind available until you rest which will make the temps expire. So it's a trade-off, Excellent :cool:

Remove ads