• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E Question about original/custom/converted-from-2e kit prestige classes

Tezrak

First Post
I know this isn't entirely on topic, but it's close...I was just wondering if, either on this site or on Wizards' site (since I can't seem to have any luck searching Wizards', and searching has been disabled here :-/), if there are any guidelines for creating a new, custom, or converted-from-a-2nd Ed kit prestige class as far as making it playable, balancing it, etc. goes? If anyone could fill me in with that info I'd really appreciate it. Either post to the board, email me at TeZrak@aol.com, or IM me at TezTheSlayer. Thanks! :)

Tezrak the Impslayer

fba827

Adventurer
The "Conversion" pdf that came with the first printing of the PHB (and maybe second and onward) - though, I am sure it's on the WotC somewhere has a special mention for kits.

If you want to make the kit a vairent of a standard class, it gives some basic guidelines on how to do that.

However, it does not talk about turning a kit into a PrC.

That would be it's own monster and probably best if you try and just make a new PrC and just use the kit's abilities as a source for ideas on what types of features to give the PrC.
There are a few good places for info on making a new PrC.

Monte Cook (the designer of the DMG) has a two part article on doing that on his website. There is also an article in some issue of Dragon Magazine if you have that. There may be a couple other good sources around but I think those are the "most official" you would find (not counting the info in the DMG itself).

Remove ads