• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Question concerning Steve's 3E character sheets

Belares

First Post
This is probably not the right forum, but I am unsure where to ask this question. I know that Steve's 3E character spreadsheet has been put on hold by him, for legal reasons. I think it is too bad as it was the best I had found.

Anyway, can someone tell me if there is a spreadsheat as good as it or herosforge? If so where I can obtain a copy?

guido1999

First Post
I use Steve's Character sheets as well, and would also be interested in this info. You could always try tweaking the data spreadsheets in order to create you own information. I managed to add Corean to the list of deities I could choose.

Belares

First Post
I am so unfamiliar with excel to even attempt to put in the prestige class.

Well that is not true, I did attempt it, but failed miserably. If I had some training or a step by step instructions then maybe..or if anyone has already updated/enhanced Steves version with all the books then I would like that.

SpikeyFreak

First Post
Steve's sheet was awesome back when there was a manageable amount of data.

Now there is just too much to even dream of putting it all in. I actually know quite a bit about excel, but the sheet is so complex that trying to add your own PrCs to it is a nightmare.

If I were you, I'd switch over to PCGen.

--Lazy Spikey

Belares

First Post
I looked at PCgen and it is ok but it doesnt have the Handbooks (Sword&fist, Masters of the wild, Etc.) unless I missed something. I guess I will use Heroforge as it is a good spreadsheet.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Antoher good site to try out is ( www.thegamehub.com ) as this is a Character/DM Database that has a lot of useful tools included in it. You can even input your own classes/races/spells/feats/skills or what not into it. And the site was even up for an Ennie Award last year so yea it is pretty cool. My gaming group uses this site and this site only. Mind you, we are a bit opinionated since one of my good friends is the designer/owner of the site and I have helped him with it, but that is besides the point.

Go and check it out.

rexartur

Explorer
I use and have modified Steve's sheets extensively, adding every sort of possible item, from prestige classes to skills. I also have a .pdf tutorial (albeit for a slightly earlier version of the sheet) but it's fairly helpful. Send me an e-mail if you would like it and I'll send it off to you.

BTW, I have tried every sheet/system out there (including numerous re-tries at justifying my purchase of E-Tools) and I keep going back to Steve's sheet. I have become comfortable with Excel (not a bad job skill to pick up btw) and nothing beats this sheet for customizability, imho

Zarthon

Explorer
rexartur said:
I use and have modified Steve's sheets extensively, adding every sort of possible item, from prestige classes to skills. I also have a .pdf tutorial (albeit for a slightly earlier version of the sheet) but it's fairly helpful. Send me an e-mail if you would like it and I'll send it off to you.

BTW, I have tried every sheet/system out there (including numerous re-tries at justifying my purchase of E-Tools) and I keep going back to Steve's sheet. I have become comfortable with Excel (not a bad job skill to pick up btw) and nothing beats this sheet for customizability, imho

I agree :), I have also tried lots of other character sheets and still I find that Steve's character sheet is the best, also I really like his spell sheet program.

Remove ads