Question on CR and LA

Yeoman

First Post
I have a question about how to determine a CR and LA for a creature I'm creating, It's a 2 HD outsider with the extraplanar, good, and angel subtypes (with attendant abilities), a fly speed of 60', land speed of 30', no spell like abilities, fast healing 3, hover as a bonus feat, +4 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, -4 Int, +2 Wis, -4 Cha ability modifiers. What would that come out to roughly?

Thanks

Knight Otu

First Post
What is the maneuverability of the flight speed?

Using Upper_Krust's system, I get a CR of 2, somewhat close to 3 (but since you're supposed to round down, that would be CR 2). The LA comes out as +2 if the maneuverability is average or less, +3 if it good or better. These numbers sound more or less reasonable to me.

Yeoman

First Post
Knight Otu said:
What is the maneuverability of the flight speed?

Using Upper_Krust's system, I get a CR of 2, somewhat close to 3 (but since you're supposed to round down, that would be CR 2). The LA comes out as +2 if the maneuverability is average or less, +3 if it good or better. These numbers sound more or less reasonable to me.

Yeah I knew I forgot something. The maneuverability was good. I was thinking it couldn't be more than CR 3, the LA I was more iffy on. How much does the angel subtype cost according to U_K's system?

*Edit, or better yet, where can I find his system for determining these things?

Thanks

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
U_K values the angel subtype at +3.44 CR, before the reduction to 2/3s to get into line with the WotC CRs, and a reduction for low hit dice (it is about +2.2 CR when converted to WotC CRs). You can find a copy of his CR system in this thread, or in Bad Axe Games 'Grim Tales' book. In this thread, I have attached a primitive Excel sheet for calculation.

Remove ads