Question on Dragon breath abilities.

Chain Lightning

First Post
First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I figure it was either rules or general.

My internet hunting abilities are weak today, so I come to you guys with this question: Is there a dragon that has a breath weapon that turns you to stone?

My friends and I are here at work trying to figure out which Dragon does that. We remember that white ones breath frost, blue ones breath lightning, red ones breath fire....(if we're even right on those, not totally 100% sure). Was there one that breathed a ray or something that turned you to stone?

I don't remember there being one. I mean, sure ... there's the basilisk. But was there a dragon that did that? I know there are stone dragon types like Sapphire, Onyx, and so on. However, I don't know anything about those guys. Maybe one of those?

Anyways, if you guys can help me find the answer to the original question and even maybe help run down briefly what the other dragons breathed, that would be awesome!

Anyways, thanks for any trivia you guys can help me with. :)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
There's the stone dragon, which originated in Dragon #134 and has been converted here by your friendly creature catalogers. :) You might look at the ferrous dragons (updated to 3.5 in one of the last few hardcopy issues of Dragon), too; I can't remember, but one of them might have had a petrifying breath.

Chain Lightning

First Post
Just the stone dragon huh? But nothing in the regular roster of dragons in the Monster Manuals? Ah, I see....

A friend was asking earlier which Dragon had pertrifying breath and I couldn't answer.
Thanks for the help! :D

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'd have to go home to look up the gem dragons in the MM2, but I don't think so. I'm also pretty sure none of the true dragons in the Draconomicon do, either. Beyond true dragons, the variety gets kind of staggering, though, so there could very well be something that does.

kenobi65

First Post
Chain Lightning said:
But nothing in the regular roster of dragons in the Monster Manuals? Ah, I see....

Nope, none of the "standard" true dragons.

Chromatic:
Black: acid
Blue: electricity
Green: acid (chlorine)
Red: fire
White: cold

Metallic:
Brass: fire and sleep
Bronze: electricity and repulsion gas
Copper: acid and slow gas
Gold: fire and weakening gas
Silver: cold and paralyzing gas