• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question on item creation E-Tools

Mordeth

First Post
How would you make a +3 keen mithril longsword? I figured out how to make the +3 Mithril chain shirt I have, but not sure how to make a sword mithril and add the keen to it. Thanks alot for the info :)

EricNoah

Adventurer
To make a mithral sword, you'll have to go into the House Rules customizer tool and just create a custom weapon that has the properties of whatever base sword (let's say a longsword) you wanted, but then adjust things like the weight and the cost.

Then in the treasure generator or the character editor, you mix your mithral sword with a +3 bonus and the keen ability, and voila.

However, folks are reporting a bug where "keen" weapons aren't accurately bumping up the threat range on weapons. So keep your eye out for a patch. :)

mattcolville

Adventurer
EricNoah said:
To make a mithral sword, you'll have to go into the House Rules customizer tool and just create a custom weapon that has the properties of whatever base sword (let's say a longsword) you wanted, but then adjust things like the weight and the cost.

Then in the treasure generator or the character editor, you mix your mithral sword with a +3 bonus and the keen ability, and voila.

However, folks are reporting a bug where "keen" weapons aren't accurately bumping up the threat range on weapons. So keep your eye out for a patch. :)

Yo Eric.

Do you have idea what the funk is going on over on the Fliud Site? I had a few bugs to report a week ago and the boards have been down. I'm soon going to forget whatever it was that wasn't working! :)

Vrylakos

First Post
I'm thinking you should post them here, Matt.

There was a rather long bug thread someone started recently - their personal problems/missing info. Perhaps we should post bugs there (or just make a new one called 'E-Tools Bugs Thread' and then cut and paste the whole shebang to Fluid's new boards when they open... hopefully this week.

VRYLAKOS

Mordeth

First Post
Sweet, thanks alot, that was easy enuff, now can you tell me why the magic bonus from a shield and armor dont stack? I made a mith +3 chain shirt and a +3 mith large shield. The ac base added up to +6 as it should, but the magic box has it has only +3.

I equiped banded mail of luck and a lion's shield to see if it was just because of what I generated, it did the same thing. Is that a bug or am i doing something wrong? Thanks again.

Remove ads