Question Regarding Call of Cthulhu Editions

Ehhh, pretty sure I didn't phrase it like that at all.

What I said, was that the D20 version is a much older edition, and there have been many other editions since then. I'm not sure what edition they are at right now.

Last edited:

CapnZapp

Legend
Ehhh, pretty sure I didn't phrase it like that at all.

What I said, was that the D20 version is a much older edition, and there have been many other editions since then. I'm not sure what edition they are at right now.
You still sound like you believe the D&D Call of Cthulhu game is part of the same line of editions as is discussed here?

Just by bringing up this completely unrelated game - a conversion from BRP to d20 - it's easy to misunderstand you, since d20 CoC has nothing to do with what the OP is asking for here.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

You still sound like you believe the D&D Call of Cthulhu game is part of the same line of editions as is discussed here?

Just by bringing up this completely unrelated game - a conversion from BRP to d20 - it's easy to misunderstand you, since d20 CoC has nothing to do with what the OP is asking for here.

I didn't know if that was the case. I got the impression that the OP was asking about Call of Cthulhu in general.

CapnZapp

Legend
I didn't know if that was the case. I got the impression that the OP was asking about Call of Cthulhu in general.
He is. But he's talking about the editions of the main game. He said he picked up 6th edition. That should clue you in he's not talking about supplements for Trails of Cthulhu, Cthulhu Dark or indeed d20 Call of Cthulhu :)

He worried about different editions of that game line. Bringing in completely different game engines won't help.

But we're golden now since we're now all on the same page :)

PS. The list of "call of Cthulhu games" is quite impressive. I couldn't even find a single source detailing all of them. So here's two:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Cthulhu_(role-playing_game)#Licenses
http://www.hplovecraft.com/popcult/games/rpg.aspx

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases