Question

Bryon_Soulweaver

First Post
My DM has a homebrew settings, the abyss has somehow collided into the prime some hundred years ago, demons rule the world and shelter the gods from it. Simply put, Im in a group of three other players thats with a army of hired soldiers. We're at level 8, the other soldiers are level 1, sometimes level 2 and the leader is level 15. The leader is a half-song dragon with some fey blood, like a 1/32, and is a ftr7/sor3/PrC5, basicly a hard *** moron with no common sense but everyone likes (and hates equally) him. In the group there is a rogue, fighter, wiz2/ftr1/rog5, and me, a soulknife7/ftr1 with a psicrystal magical inserted into his very being, blood, bones, and brain. We are currently fighting a horde of devils from coming onto the world, the demon lord Yogithoth, the father of the demons in our world, had someone hire, or threaten, us into his work, a pit fiend with a hundred or so barbazu and 2 over-sized hellcats came last night while 2 bolars with about seventy to eighty dretchs: and collided forces. Next time we play we either watch or help the demons, but knowing my DM he has a card up his sleeve and we all know it. Either during the battle or a couple sessions after he might pull it, who knows. I need some help before he does this, its in two days, to have any idea what he is going to do, post replies fast please.

EDIT: I listed the leaders classes because I think he is going to use that NPC as the trump card. But Im not entirely sure.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
How should we know?

Let yourself be surprised, it's not as you could prepare for that secret weapon if you knew what it is, because your character doesn't.

the Jester

Legend
Frankly, I think your trump card is called "Run Away!!!!" :D

Good luck- sounds like a tough situation to be in. I don't know that combat is your best option.

And what alignment are the pcs, anyhow? ;)

Fingol

First Post
First reaction: Fight them all! Both the devils and demons. What are you lap dogs or heroes? where is your self respect? How could you let yourselves be cowed into this situation? How could you be the ones fighting only one side? Why are you guys not the ones playing one side off against the other?

Second reaction: Wrestle the upper hand from the demons. Fight them if you must; If you die at least you choose the time, the place and nature of your deaths. Don't let either group ever ever walk all over you. Chaotic or Lawful both are evil. Either will destroy all life in your homebrew. The DMs trumph card is you. You are his biggest unknown. Grab fate by the nuts and give them a good squeeze. Know that all pleasure is fleeting and wring the most out of each moment.

If you die you might give either group cause for concern. If all humans decide to die like this then there isn't going to be much pleasure to be had in savouring the fear from this homebrew. Set an example: pull your socks up!

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Fingol said:
First reaction: Fight them all! Both the devils and demons. What are you lap dogs or heroes?

Yes, be heroes, but be smart heories: Let them fight it out and then take on the victor :cool:

Remove ads