• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Questions about the Strange

Space Jockey

Villager
I really like the premise of this setting but there's some questions that keep nagging me.

-Are the people in recursions actual living creatures or are they just really convincing packets of data from the Strange?

-What dictates what is considered "Mad Science" and "technology that is allowable under Standard Physics"?

-How exactly can you flavor certain quickened powers to operating in the universe of normal matter when said power clearly violates Standard Physics? For example, levitating, shooting plasma from nothing, and other powers that can't really be flavored for SP.

-What assumptions about the setting have you changed? I personally still keep the existence of the Aleph Component completely secret, for my players to discover themselves. Also, alien civilizations can still thrive in the normal universe and even travel to other planets of their own volition, it's just very hard to do. Basically not as many aliens in my setting were destroyed by planetovores, but still a huge amount, an amount that, if known by a human, would probably send them into a full blown existential crisis.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
-Are the people in recursions actual living creatures or are they just really convincing packets of data from the Strange?

Speaking of sparking a full-blown existential crisis: Is there any real difference between the two?

-What dictates what is considered "Mad Science" and "technology that is allowable under Standard Physics"?

'Mad Science' seems to be a catch-all term for 'stuff we can't do with modern Earth technology'. Bodily flight, living stone, etc. Anything that resembles superpowers would fall under that.

-How exactly can you flavor certain quickened powers to operating in the universe of normal matter when said power clearly violates Standard Physics? For example, levitating, shooting plasma from nothing, and other powers that can't really be flavored for SP.

Some you won't be able to do. They just have to go away when you translate somewhere with SP. Yes, this means someone from a super-power universe with Bears A Halo of Fire is kinda screwed.

Space Jockey

Villager
Some you won't be able to do. They just have to go away when you translate somewhere with SP. Yes, this means someone from a super-power universe with Bears A Halo of Fire is kinda screwed.

I'm not talking about foci though, I'm talking about the powers that Vectors, Paradoxes, and Spinners get. They're quickened regardless of whether they're on Earth or a recursion or the Strange.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads