• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Questions about timing and release dates

Crispy120286

Explorer
Hello! I would like to run this campaign setting with my group but i am curious on something. I understand that there are supposed to be 13 adventures but only 4 have been released. If i where to start now would I catch up to the current release? how long do these adventures take to run? Could i comfortable run this campaign now and have at least a 1 adventure buffer between the current adventure and the next to be released? (example, i'm running adventure 4 and they release 6). The main reason i ask this is because i would like to run this straight through and i don't want to put my campaign on hold to wait for a release, i don't think my players would appreciate that very much.

Thank you!
-Chris

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We try to release them once every 3-months; although we seem to miss the mark most times!

As for how long they take to run - too many variables to answer! Depends on how often you play and for how long (obviously), how fast you play, etc. Perhaps some other people can weigh in on how long it's taking them, but I expect the answers to vary wildly.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I have the same issue with one of my groups who would like to get started, but by my experience they need less than a weekend to go through one part of an AP. So I guess I need to wait till at least part 7 is out.

mort655

Explorer
My group meets every two week, and we've been working through Digging for Lies for the past 2-3 months.

Island at the Axis of the World is shorter in comparison to the others, so your group may breeze through that pretty quickly. I ran into some trouble with my group finishing Axis before Dying Skyseer was out, but I haven't had that problem since then. Always on Time was out before my group was even two-thirds finished with Digging for Lies.

Noodle

Explorer
We play for 7-8 hours once per month (4e version). We started 11 months ago, and have gotten roughly halfway though Digging For Lies. TIatAotW took 2 1/2 sessions, TDS took 5 1/2, and so far DfL has taken 3. My guess is that AoT won't take quite as many to get through, as it appears to be somewhat combat-light.

While we're on the topic, any updates on estimated release of Admiral or Cauldron-Born?

SirCharles

First Post
My group plays roughly 41/2 - 5 hours every week (most of the time). It took us about 4 1/2 sessions to get through Island at the Axis of the World and around 12 sessions to get through Dying Skyseer (my group is pretty thorough and pretty into role-playing). Dying Skyseer can definitely take a lot of time depending on what your group decides to focus on and how they go about handling different aspects of the adventure.

Our cartographer did a whole bunch of ship maps for Admiral o' the High Seas, and is spending August prepping for the completion of his Kickstarter for map tokens.

He'll be working on maps for adventure 5 in September. Meanwhile I'm going to take some info from the 'playtest' I ran at GenCon for our $500 backer of Admiral to polish up the rules, then send them to layout. All of us have other jobs, so part of it depends on how much time we can get.

I did uninstall Mechwarrior Online two weeks ago to help me stay focused.

Remove ads