• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick! Githzerai Lich Queen Needed Urgently!

EricNoah

Adventurer
Here's what I came up with in e-tools (18th level psion):

Lich Queen, Female Lich (Psionic Githzerai) Telepath 18: CR 21; AL whatever; Medium Undead (Extraplanar,Psionic); HD 18d12; hp 123; Init +8; Spd 30 (40 when psionically focused); AC 23 (FF 19, Touch 19, add +4 armor [force] for inertial armor, plus 50% miss chance from cloak of displacement); Atk +11/+6 base melee, +15/+10 base ranged; Grapple +9;
SA: Spell-Like Abilities (Catfall, CL 1, 3/day; Concussion Blast, CL 1, 3/day; Psionic Daze, CL 1, 3/day; Inertial Armor, CL 1, 3/day; Psionic Plane Shift, CL 1, 1/day), Fear Aura (Su), Paralyzing Touch (Su)
SQ: Darkvision (Ex): 60 ft., Power Resistance (Ex): 23, Naturally Psionic: 2 Bonus PP, Immunity: Death Effects (Ex), Immunity: Energy Drain (Ex), Immunity: Ability Drain (Ex), Immunity: Critical hits (Ex), Immunity: Stun (Ex), Immunity: Fortitude Save-Based Attacks (Ex), Immunity: Paralysis (Ex), Immunity: Reincarnate (Ex), Immunity: Raise Dead (Ex), Immunity: Sleep Effects (Ex), Immunity: Poison (Ex), Resistance: Turn (Ex): +4, Immunity: Death from Massive Damage (Ex), Damage Reduction (Su): 15/Bludgeoning, Damage Reduction (Su): 15/Magic, Immunity: Ability Damage (Physical Scores), Immunity: Polymorph (Ex), Racial Traits: Undead, Immunity: Cold (Ex), Immunity: Nonlethal Damage (Ex), Immunity: Electricity (Ex), Immunity: Disease (Ex), Immunity: Mind-Affecting Attacks (Ex)
Psion Features: Bonus Feat (4).
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +12, Will +17
Abilities: STR 10, DEX 19, CON --, INT 19, WIS 18, CHA 14
Skills: Concentration +21, Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Psionics) +25, Psicraft +25, Sense Motive +25.
Feats: Talented, Greater Power Penetration, Psionic Endowment, Improved Initiative, Maximize Power, Quicken Power, Power Penetration, Overchannel, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Psionic Meditation, Inquisitor, Speed of Thought.

Equipment: Boots of Teleportation; Cloak of Displacement, Major; Ring of Freedom of Movement; Ioun Stone, Pale Lavender Ellipsoid [absorbs 4th level and lower spells]; Ring of Protection +5; Dorje of Wall of Ectoplasm (10) (Charges: 18).

318 power points. Psionic powers are here: http://webpages.charter.net/ericnoah/noahrpg/psilich.htm

Notes (these are as much for myself and my own edification as anything -- and I could be messing some of this up...):
1) when psionically focused, add +10 to speed
2) can expend focus to overchannel 3rd level or lower without taking damage.
3) can expend focus to gain +2 on save DC of a psionic power
4) can expend focus to gain +10 on sense motive checks vs. bluff checks
5) can attempt to regain focus with a move-equivalent action instead of a full-round action
6) can augment psionic powers up to a maximum of 18 power points on any one power -- but can overchannel to increase effective manifester level by 1, 2 or 3, taking damage in the process
7) Quicken Power adds +6 to the power point cost of a power; Maximize adds +4.

To do ahead of time: You might want to do some of the math for augmenting various powers ahead of time. Figure out which powers she might want to quicken or maximize and make a note of the adjusted cost on the powers sheet. Example:

Maximized Augmented Energy Ray: 14 pp (augmented) + 4 pp (maximized) = 18 pp, deals 84 hp damage (base, depends on energy type used of course).

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
BiggusGeekus said:
Crumbs, her STR is only 8 so she really can't get Mental Leap
Should I rework the stats? It's not a problem. Just tell me the base ability scores at 1st level (before racial modifiers), or the total stats, you want her to have and I'll take care it. :)

I used 28-point point-buy, BTW. Maybe that's a little low. Russ? :)

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Darkness said:
Should I rework the stats? It's not a problem. Just tell me the base ability scores at 1st level (before racial modifiers), or the total stats, you want her to have and I'll take care it.

Nah. Eric out-liched us! :)

Rifter

First Post
Some other concepts to think about. I have a Gith monk. Think about adding 1 lvl of monnk. That gives her +4 AC, due to the added wisdom modifier. Gith can make their AC's really obnoxious. I think I would go survivability. Give her great saves, great AC, stuff like that, so it is REALLY hard to damage her, but on her end, she would be a little more weak. (think about adding several extra PSP so the AC bonus from inertial armor goes up).

For psionic power, think psychoportation for escape and "bouncing around" and mind control to just be a little more obnoxious to the characters. That should be a high-survivability build. Nothing like a long, drawn out, epic battle.

Navar

Explorer
OK Morrus, this one time, but you owe me a beer at Gen Con.

Here is what I came up with.

Quick! The Githzerai Lich Queen, Female Githzerai Lich Psion (telepath) 20: CR 22, Medium Undead; HD 19d12+12; hp 151, Init +2; Speed 30 feet; AC 32 (36 with IA), touch 17 (21 with IA), Flat Footed 30; Base Attack/Grapple +10/+11; SA: Psionics, Fear Aura, Paralyzing Touch SQ: Turn Resistance (Ex), Damage Reduction (Su), Immunities (Ex) SR 25 PR 25; AL LE; SV Fort +11, Ref+13, Will+21; Str 12, Dex 14, Con --, Int 28, Wis 21, Cha 18

Power Points: 433 Knows 36 powers
Powers (assume all powers level 5 and below) (ie whatever you need at the time you can use) Esp Dominate.
Level 6: Breath of the Black Dragon, Fuse Flesh, Psionic Disintegrate [Save (25*)]
Level 7: Crisis of Life, Insanity, Ultrablast [Save (26*)]
Level 8: Greater Psionic Teleport, Recall Death, True Metabolism [Save (27*)]
Level 9: Psionic Eatheralness, Reality revision [Save (28*)]

Skills and Feats: Bluff +27, Concentration +23, Diplomacy +27, Gather Information +28, Knowledge (The Planes) +32, Knowledge (Psionics) +32, Psicraft+32, Sense Motive +36; Armor proficiency (Light), Armor proficiency (Medium), Delay Power, Extend Power, Greater Psionic Endowment, Psionic Body, Psionic Endowment, Psionic Meditation, Quicken Power, Twin Power.
Possessions: Headband of intellect +6, Cloak of resistance +5, Ring of protection +5, Amulet of blinking, Ring of Charisma +6, Broach of Wisdom +6, +5 Heavy Fortification Mithril Full Plate, etc

Special Attacks: A lich retains all the base creature’s special attacks and gains those described below. Save DCs are equal to 10 + 1/2 lich’s HD + lich’s Cha modifier unless otherwise noted.
Fear Aura (Su): Liches are shrouded in a dreadful aura of death and evil. Creatures of less than 5 HD in a 60-foot radius that look at the lich must succeed on a Will save or be affected as though by a fear spell from a sorcerer of the lich’s level. A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected again by the same lich’s aura for 24 hours. (Save 24)
Paralyzing Touch (Su): Any living creature a lich hits with its touch attack must succeed on a Fortitude save or be permanently paralyzed. Remove paralysis or any spell that can remove a curse can free the victim (see the bestow curse spell description).
The effect cannot be dispelled. Anyone paralyzed by a lich seems dead, though a DC 20 Spot check or a DC 15 Heal check reveals that the victim is still alive.. (Save 24)
Special Qualities: A lich retains all the base creature’s special qualities and gains those described below.
Turn Resistance (Ex): A lich has +4 turn resistance.
Damage Reduction (Su): A lich’s undead body is tough, giving the creature damage reduction 15/bludgeoning and magic. Its natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Immunities (Ex): Liches have immunity to cold, electricity, polymorph (though they can use polymorph effects on themselves), and mind-affecting attacks.

*You can expend your focus to gain +2 to the DC of these, and then regain it as a move action.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ooooh, I like Eric's (no offense, Darkness!)

Any chance you could whip up those powers, Eric?

Couple of questions... don't githzerai get SR of level +6 or something. I can't remember exactly, but can't see it in the stat block.

Also - those DRs: is that just 15/bludgeoning AND magic, or is it OR?

Navar

Explorer
Morrus said:
Ooooh, I like Eric's (no offense, Darkness!)

Any chance you could whip up those powers, Eric?

Couple of questions... don't githzerai get SR of level +6 or something. I can't remember exactly, but can't see it in the stat block.

Also - those DRs: is that just 15/bludgeoning AND magic, or is it OR?

SR is Hitdice + 5 and DR is 15/bludgeoning AND magic. So it has to be a Magical bludgeoning weapon to overcome it.

Remove ads