• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick Question on adapting FATE

dbm

Savage!
I haven't personally read Fate 2nd edition, but I have heard about it. In that version of the game, Aspects had levels, and were consumed as you called on them. So you might have an aspect of "Elven blademaster 3" which you can call on three times before it is exhausted.

Maybe that kind of mechanism would work more to your likening, Emerikol?

Emerikol

Adventurer
Thanks for the last two posts. I haven't actually playtested anything but I believe my take on the skill pyramid coupled with some other houserules will make it pretty heroic. I basically created a single character advancement chart and I just spelled out how many skill points you get to add at each level. I also provided your stress chart for that level though I do allow for armor to improve your stress a little. That is my take on armor anyway.

I think I have a lot of ideas but perhaps my houserules go so far as to make it not a FATE game. I do though think my approach would work well with other genres. So I could do post apocalyptic or science fiction fairly easily. Maybe I will use this thread and give some feedback if I fire up a campaign.

I want a game with few mechanical mechanisms that I use a ton. I like a game that relies on the DM to make judgments and keeps the actual rules system very simple. I like the idea of having the GM inject your negative aspects against you. I think though I'll just allow aspects all the time. If you can justify it I'll allow it. No FATE point required. Perhaps I'll rule on the degree of it's affect so it might be +1 or +2 instead of always being +2.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads