Quick Question

Lanai

First Post
What would I do for instance...if I should find there was some copy rights and credits going astray on a peice of text on the forum?

WizO_Trelian

First Post
Hi, Lanai,
I'm not a boards moderator so I can't help you directly, but you can either PM a WizO in charge of that forum (it's listed at the top of of the threads listing) or click on the little red-edged white triangle with the "!" exclamation point that's near the name of the poster on the post you'd like investigated. Mouse-over shows that symbol is "report bad post". :)

- Trelian

W

WizO_Pounamu

Hi Lanai,

Well, I am a boards moderator but because we have so few cases of copyright infringement reported in my section, I checked with the bosses first so I wouldn't accidentally mess up. :blush:

The basics is as Trelian said, you can report the post by clicking on the exclaimation mark ( ! ) in the corner of the post, or PM a WizO if you just want to ask something. Email works too. ;) If you think it deserves to be reported don't hesitate to do so - the report goes to a WizO qualified to check it over and make the judgement on what should happen about it. We have a good communication system to get second opinions if the WizO is uncertain.

A reported thread may be edited or removed if it warrents such action. Not all reported posts do, but the WizO dealing with it would most often give you an explanation of why not. Action would depend upon how "bad" something is - eg, heavy quoting would not be as bad as sending out pdf copies of someone's work.

If it is very serious, the post would be edited/links removed and parties relating to the owner of the copyright may be contacted.

If the text in question isn't part of a post but part of something else in the forum, for example something in a forum blurb, PM or email a WizO. I can't think of any where this may occur because we and the techs should be more responsible than that but you never know.

WizO email addresses are standard: name @wizo.wizards.com
Mine is pounamu@wizo.wizards.com .

Hope that helps!

- Pounamu

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases