• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick Spell Descriptions, please

svwilson

First Post
I'm prepping for Friday's game and someone suggested that I learn to use one of the following spells. I won't have access to a Spell Compendium until that night, but could anyone briefly describe the effects of these spells for me? (By "briefly" I mean don't violate the rules by copying the whole thing.)

Arrow Mind
Hunter's Mercy
Nightstalker's transformation
Recitation

Thanks!

WarDragon

First Post
Arrow Mind - make AoOs with a ranged weapon against foes within your melee reach. You don't provoke AoOs for firing. Rgr1, Sor/Wiz1, immediate casting, 1 minute/level.
Hunter's Mercy - your first hit with a bow (not a crossbow) in the round after you cast this spell is an automatic critical hit. Rgr1, standard casting time, lasts 1 round.
Nightstalker's transformation - you get +4 Dex, +3 luck bonus to AC, +5 luck bonus to Ref saves, +5 competance to Spot, Listen, Hide and Move Silently, weapon proficiencies as a Roge, Weapon Finesse, Evasion and 3d6. You lose your spellcasting. Material component: potion of cat's grace. Sor/Wiz5, standard casting time, 1 round/level
Recitation - All allies within 60 ft. of you get +2 luck bonus to AC, attacks, and saves (+3 if they worship the same deity as you). Clr3, Purification3, standard casting time, lasts 1 round/level.

TheGogmagog

First Post
2cents on Nightstalkers, while it's in effect you can't cast. It's (Tensors) Mages Transformation but with roguelike bonuses. For a straight caster it won't make you a good fighter, or good rogue in this case. If put into a spell storing ring or ioun stone and used by a rogue or fighter however....

WarDragon

First Post
Nightstalker's transformation - you get +4 Dex, +3 luck bonus to AC, +5 luck bonus to Ref saves, +5 competance to Spot, Listen, Hide and Move Silently, weapon proficiencies as a Roge, Weapon Finesse, Evasion and 3d6.
That last bit should be "3d6 Sneak Attack." And I did mention the part about no casting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads