D&D 4E Quick Summary of how I would do 4E Birthright

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
That's why you balance it against other themes, so it isn't outright superior. I would make themes for each bloodline and use different types of themes depending on the bloodline. I could see the Scion of Azrai being a DS-style theme with attack powers, for instance.
Indeed, things do not have to be better or imbalanced to be selected.
I call it setting "buy in" ... If you have enough setting buy in from your players they can even reflavor other elements in terms of your setting themselves. But I think it helps to provide enough elements to encourage that I see bloodline feats to go with the themes and paragon paths and epic destinies as also being a way of expressing the setting.

DerekSTheRed

Explorer
Old post but something I have been thinking about recently so I commit necro-threadism!!!

Sure but I see themes as the lead in to Paragon paths and they can describe the progression into the Paragon level activiites
Wow I haven't thought about this thread in a while. I tried back in the day to create Birthright stuff for 4E but got frustrated with all the work needed to create a whole new sub-class. Everyone here kept saying to use Themes and I probably should have listened.

Last edited:

Remove ads