Quickly, people: your questions on D20 Modern

EricNoah

Adventurer
With your help I will put together an interview on the subject of D20 Modern and maybe we can get that to you yet today or tomorrow. So spout off!

WSmith

First Post
What portions will be eventually released into the SRD that are not already?

How easy will it be to port over the Damage Reduction for armor into a core D&D game?

How will multi-classing be affected by the classes defined by attributes?

BluWolf

Explorer
1) Will you provide guidlines or recommendations for GMs to handle real world possesions like houses, cars bank account, credit cards..... things along this nature.

2) Will technology rules be following some of the other (D20) published material such as Dragonstar? Or will you be working from whole cloth?

3) Will this be a "gritty" modern day world ala-Friday Night Firefight or something more along the lines of Shadowrun?

4) Will WoTC be suing modern day Earth or a fictionalized interpretation?

Just a few off the top o' me head.

Florin

First Post
How "realistic" is the game going to be?

Is it going to be good for high fantasy in the modern age as well as grim and gritty?

How modular will the game be?

Holden MaGroin

First Post
Will WotC be creating a setting, or just Rules?

Will it focus on "modern fantasy" or will you be able to run "modern reality" adventures - ie: spies, supers, etc. no elves.

tsadkiel

Legend
How soon will d20 Modern stuff hit the SRD? That's the big question in my mind, since I know of at least one d20 publisher who's working along similar lines.

What are the four "campaign models" included in the book? Does this refer to sample campaign settings, or something else? Is 'Shadow Chasers' one of these models?

Does the fact that the d20 Modern rules are being previewed this far in advance (thanks to the Polyhedron article) herald a new age in WotC marketing?

Is the book really going to be called "d20 Modern?" :p

Last edited:

Tsyr

Explorer
Will it have any mention of Psionics, or anything related to Manual of the Planes?

Will there be suggestions on "modern fantasy world building"... how to incorporate elves into modern life, etc?

Will this just be circa 2000-ish, or will it have rules for slightly different time periods, such as maybe the WWII erra, 2050, etc?

Wolf72

Explorer
vanilla or chocolate? (sorry boss, I want to contribute but am having trouble coming up with ideas)

mmm ... will there be new and improved rules for fire arms (outside of DMG and SWRPG)

KDLadage

Explorer
  • How will the classes differ besides having an ability score they tend to favor?
  • Will I be able to run a game in the vein of TOP SECRET with these rules (modern age spies and such)? How about something like THE TERMINATOR (super-high technology)? How about a d20 version of something along the lines of IN NOMINE (modern ultra-high powered gaming)?
  • Is there an official campaign setting coming that will use these rules (Dark*Matter, Gamma World, etc)?
  • What sorts of settings/genrea were used as inspiration for these rules?
  • How soon will these rules become SRD? (How soon before the current SRD documents are finalized?)
  • Who all is on the team developing this sub-set of the d20 rules engine?

johnnype

First Post
what do they mean by "contemporary fantasy campaigns"?

Will it be able to support sci-fi settings a la DragonStar?

Does it effectively replace Alternity?

Does it come with any settings or will those be separate?

Can you adapt it to say a Cyberpunk or Shadowrun setting?

Does it stick purely to present day settings and not future settings?

What kind of technology (weapons, computers, etc) will it have?

Will it make other published settings obsolete (DragonStar, Shadowforce Archer)?

What about vehicle construction, combat, etc?

Remove ads