Quiver of Endless Arrows (Passed)

Patlin

Explorer
The quiver of endless arrows, by Andy Collins. Got to love it for bookkeeping reasons alone -- I hate tracking how many arrows I've used. Short summary: 900 gp item so you never run out of masterwork arrows, each arrow lasts for 1 round after drawn forth.

Edit: Officially changing this proposal to normal arrows, rather than masterwork.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
The quiver of Ehlonna produces only all the arrows you fill into it (although many more than a normal quiver holds) for 1800 gold, and this thing holds infinite arrows for 900 gold, and MW to boot--how is this fair? It costs less than buying 150 MW arrows.

Velmont

First Post
Yeah, it is too cheap for masterwork arrows. Even for normal arrows, I am not sure it is balance at that price. Every archer would have it pretty soon, so when they are far in teh wild or deep underground, they are sure not to lose the use of there main weapon (I know it well, I have a futur arcane archer that is counting every arrow in another PbP...)

Patlin

Explorer
I'm not sure why it produces masterwork arrows rather than normal ones, that's always seemed odd to me. How about changing the masterwork arrows to normal arrows and increasing the price from 900 gp to 1250 gp?

The quiver of Ehlona can do a number of things this can't, including storing wands, staves, +1 xxx bane arrows, +1 yyy bane arrows, bows, and arrows that have recieved Greater Magic Weapon and/or Keen Edge. I'd say QoE is still the better item.

Actually, a handy haversack is probably better than both... keep 15 spare quivers of arrows in it, then just refill the two normal quivers as you get low, and carry all your other gear too. But it's significantly more expensive for a low level character.

Bront

The man with the probe
for 900 and normal arrows, it's not bad.

I've never had a big problem with tracking arrows though, at least normal ones.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I'd only count that as two sorta 'yesses' (RA hadn't commented on the normal arrows). I'll vote YES to get this started.

Remove ads