Quotes

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Lets see.... movies, politics, religion. Yup. Got 'em. That's where all the great quotes come from! :)
Mod Note:
Politics. Yep. Got it. Where all the heavy moderation comes from.

Next time, resist the urge, please and thank you.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
"A man who knows his why to live can endure almost any how."

"Knowing Right behavior from Wrong behavior is simple until trying to know Good people from Evil people confuses you."

"Economics is the ecosystem of a civilized culture."

pming

Legend
Hiya!

“Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it and your enemies won’t believe it.” — Belgicia Howell

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." - Gaiman

"Shall not the judge of all the earth do right?"
-Gen 18:25

"We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from the another's vantage point. As if new, it may still take our breath away. Come...dry your eyes. For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
- Moore

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Okay, I'll do a serious one. Tesla and Einstein were both brilliant scientists, and I like a lot of quotes from both of them, and I've found that many brilliant scientists also have great quotes (I am aware that this is a generalization). Here's one from Tesla that I've always really liked.
Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.” – Nikola Tesla
And here's quite possibly my favorite quote ever, but it did not come from Einstein (although that is a common misconception):
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Apropos of recent event, I commend to this thread the book "Rumsfeld's Rules", essentially a book of advice how to conduct yourself so as to work productively with other people. Sec. Rumsfeld acknowledged that the work was a compilation, not stuff he thought of himself.
Two examples:

If you screw up, tell the boss and fix it fast.

The First Rule of Holes: When you are in one, stop digging.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
abe-lincoln.jpg

Remove ads