• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[R&R2] Anyone else run into this?

Talaysen

First Post
I was going to submit to Relics & Rituals 2...even had some neat spell ideas, even sent in the requisite paperwork...but then [ahem] human by-product happened. I couldn't figure out a way to fit my spells into the Scarred Lands setting. I had a bunch of "themed" bard spells and found I wanted to use them elsewhere. I got caught up in other, supposedly "more important" projects (@#$! college classes...) and didn't have time to develop and playtest full versions. Etc.

*Sigh* So White Wolf has a signed agreement in their hands and no spells or magic items to go with it. Did anyone else have this problem? You WANTED to submit stuff to R&R2, but simply never did, for whatever reason?

Guess I'll have to wait for the next open call. Damn.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Almost. I got mine in by 2:00 AM EST on the 15th. I hope they accepted them. But it might not be TOO late. I know it's the 15th BUT I don't believe (not quote me on this) that will automatically STOP taking submissions. Try it and find out. Just don't expect them to take any AFTER midnight tonight. At least that's my thinking.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Here's an offical answer!

From Oakthorne/ JD Carriker, editor/friend/SL guru.

As long as you get them in *today*, it should be all cool. We aren't going to be too hardcore with the deadline, though I doubt any of them will be accepted after today.

Too bad I'm leaving, otherwise there would be room to write a few more! :)

Talaysen

First Post
Unfortunately, it's Friday and I don't have *any* full, complete spell descriptions to submit. I thought about trying to write 'em up over the next few hours, but...that wouldn't let me give enough thought to them. They'd probably be OKAY spells, because I can turn out reasonable work on pretty darn short notice (and I'm so modest, too ;) )...but they wouldn't be of the highest quality I can produce, and I don't want to give anything but my best to a project like this one.

Remove ads