• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble is still chasing after the runaway, muttering arcane syllables to the rhythm of his feet so his spell remains active.

OOC: I may not be right on this rule, but if the duration of a spell is "Concentration", I can move regularly, talk, and all that, just as long as I don't cast another spell or get damaged or something, correct?

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
[sblock=Heckler: ]
Heckler said:
Not that it really matters now, but...I don't believe the badguy can make an AoO as he is unarmed (unless he has Improved Unarmed Strike).
You're right, he would have to have Improved Unarmed Strike to AoO you. ;) [/sblock]

Dungannon

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Fimble is still chasing after the runaway, muttering arcane syllables to the rhythm of his feet so his spell remains active.
Fimble moves down the alley and into the next street. He looks both directions but sees no sign of the assailant.
Rae AdrGaoth said:
OOC: I may not be right on this rule, but if the duration of a spell is "Concentration", I can move regularly, talk, and all that, just as long as I don't cast another spell or get damaged or something, correct?
ooc: Concentration takes a standard action so yes, you can move your standard movement, speak normally, and make other free actions while concentrating.

wmasters

First Post
Patlin said:
To Wmasters ooc: Why are you calling these guys guards? Dungannon has referred to them as "ruffians" and I suspect they work for the thieves guild. Perhaps your unconciously blending these events with Thirst for Power?

OOC: I don't know, obviously they're not guards. A slip I guess. Edited to change that

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

"Damn these stubby legs." Fimble curses as he slows to a halt at the end of the alley. The bandit gone, Fimble turns around and walks back to the others. He moves slowly, not expecting any more attacks. He also throws little balls of illusory light from one hand to the other in order to keep his spell active. He figures it might be useful in interrogating the captured bandits.

When he reaches Tor, Fimble explains that he lost the runner and apologizes. They both return to the others. Fimble closes his eyes for a moment and waves his hands along a vertical plane. A door materializes. He dramatically sweeps the door open and inside is a dark room, illuminated by one dim candle. There are various torture devices lining the walls, which are made of mold-covered hewn stone. His illusion complete, Fimble winks at the others and whispers, "I'll get some use out of this spell yet!"

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: Okay, you've got three dead bodies and two unconscious ones around you and it's the middle of the day. You haven't seen any other activity in this part of the city, but that could change at any moment. What's you're next move?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads