Race/plane with no magic?

Erithrius

First Post
I'm developing a campaign, and I need either a race that can't use magic, or a world/plane with no inherent magic other than what is brought from the outside. Does anyone know of anything like that? Ideally I'd have something by tomorrow, so anything you can quickly throw at me'd be great.
thanks guys.

Dragonwriter

First Post
The Karsite from Tome of Magic (page 84) fits the bill. They're human-looking (but that can be changed if you want), just with a couple of common traits all karsites have - one eye is pale blue and there is a streak of white hair. All karsites are completely incapable of casting arcane or divine spells, have SR and can even suppress the properties of magic items temporarily.

Erithrius

First Post
That sounds perfect. However, I can't find anything called a Karsite in the Tome of Magic - my PDF copy is unsearchable. Nor can I seem to find much info online about them. Can you tell me where they are from?

Dragonwriter

First Post
...Are you sure you're looking in Tome of Magic? The one about Pact, Shadow and Truename magic and from WotC. Karsites are in the Pact Magic section, page 84, as noted in my previous post.

nijineko

Explorer
in the greyhawk setting (the default for 3.x) there are actually 7 prime material planes. oerth (the world greyhawk is located upon) is the fifth from the left (more magical than all but two), with the leftmost being non-magical, and the rightmost being the complete opposite. incidentally, the leftmost completely non-magical world is supposedly our earth. ^^ just a bit of trivia for you.

Remove ads