D&D 5E Rage of Demons/Out of the Abyss inspired soundtrack

omnipsyence

First Post
Hi guys! I'm a composer for video games/tv/film and I am also a massively huge nerd and fan of DnD. I've been kicking around the idea of doing a soundtrack for the Rage of Demons/Out of the Abyss storyline and just finally decided to go ahead with it. Here's a cue used for the summoning of Demogorgon in the Kuo-toan village.
What do you think? Also, if this were a full product, would you be interested in purchasing it? Thanks for listening :)

https://soundcloud.com/omni-psyence/the-summoning-of-demogorgon

Jason.knepper

First Post
Hell yeah! That is perfect. I was already going through movie soundtracks and other albums trying to cobble together some good theme/atmosphere music. This is definitely gonna be included. If you made a fully fleshed out soundtrack, I'd throw money at it for sure. Great work!

omnipsyence

First Post
Wow, thanks so much for listening and replying. I will be posting updates very soon with more details on the overall plan for this project.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
These are very cool. Things like the Darklake track would be great if they were easily loop able. Perhaps there's an extended bit of just drips (and perhaps oar strokes?) and then the music comes back in?

Quickleaf

Legend
Hi guys! I'm a composer for video games/tv/film and I am also a massively huge nerd and fan of DnD. I've been kicking around the idea of doing a soundtrack for the Rage of Demons/Out of the Abyss storyline and just finally decided to go ahead with it. Here's a cue used for the summoning of Demogorgon in the Kuo-toan village.
What do you think? Also, if this were a full product, would you be interested in purchasing it? Thanks for listening :)

https://soundcloud.com/omni-psyence/the-summoning-of-demogorgon

Nice work!

I'm not sure if you're already aware of it, by there is an example of collaboration between Paizo and Benjamin Loomis of Soundscape. He does some awesome work. Not sure how official you were hoping for your hypothetical for-sale album to be, but thought I'd throw this example out there.

omnipsyence

First Post
These are very cool. Things like the Darklake track would be great if they were easily loop able. Perhaps there's an extended bit of just drips (and perhaps oar strokes?) and then the music comes back in?

Good idea, I'll probably add that a little later on to help with the looping.

Nice work!

I'm not sure if you're already aware of it, by there is an example of collaboration between Paizo and Benjamin Loomis of Soundscape. He does some awesome work. Not sure how official you were hoping for your hypothetical for-sale album to be, but thought I'd throw this example out there.

Well, I just embarked on this project but I do admit the possibility of having something official is very tantalizing. I will probably try to get in touch with WotC if I can and see who I should talk to about it!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases