Rahasia Conversion: Need suggestion

jester47

First Post
I am wondering what level this conversion would be for four characters.

Originally it was a Basic D&D module for 5-8 characters (!) levels 2 or 3.

I think this would be a tough one for 4 4th level PCs but I am worried about the difficulty considering the wandering monsters. My inclination is to axe the wandering monsters. Or at least rewrite the charts.

I am thinking that I should rewrite the charts. This is because they dont seem to make sense. There are already several Gelatinous cubes in the dungeon. The Siswa are not going to keep them around. So they had to have come with the Rahib, like every other foul thing on the temple levels. The wanderers in the other half absolutely do not make sense. Goblins are not evenmentioned in the main part of the adventure.

That is it, I am rewriting the wandering monster tables, and axeing all of the random arena monsters except the minotaurs, I will have them wandering through the maze and living in the arena. Orcs are the rahibs minions and that is why there are random bandits running about, the rahib was sucking up their business.

This will makes things much easier.

If anyone has any further suggestions, please post them here.

Aaron.

Last edited:

Jalkain

First Post
I think that's a good move. Rahasia was a pretty tough adventure even when run under the original rules. The wandering monsters can actually make a lot of difference.

When I played in it in my first ever campaign, we had 4 4th level characters - the DM slipped in a few tricky random encounters and gave us a real run for our money. But when I ran it, I axed the wandering monsters because the PCs (6 x 2nd level) were having enough trouble as it was.

I suppose the moral is that you can use these tables to customise the difficulty of your adventure. So you could modify the monster table to make it more beliveable, and let the DM decide. But what you're doing makes a lot of sense too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases