Raise your game to an artform! with the Kim's RPG Master Class

Kim Lumbard

First Post
Howdy all! (waves ;-)

My name is Kim Lumbard. I was on ENWorld years ago under another username, but my password has been long forgotten. :( Anyhoo, this posting really belongs in the Review index, but I couldn't figure out how to put it in there. So this seemed like the next best place.

I've been a DM for three decades. I recently got the idea to share best practices for role-playing for everything that's *not* the rules, i.e. creating a framework for how to run a good game in general, regardless of system. I've had sessions that were as good (or better than!) a popular book, play, movie, or musical, and I'm sure you all have, too. Basically, I want to legitimize RPGs as a genuine artform, because I feel they are a unique form of expression: it is a dynamic and adaptive live performance art. And when done well, it rivals any other well done performance.

Anyhoo, if raising the awesomeness of your game experience sounds like something you are interested in, here's my first attempt at bringing professional quality to RPGs:
http://www.amazon.com/Kim-E-Lumbard/e/B00PKNMLR2
The first book is the Character Creation Guide, because every great game needs good characters. It reveals the concept designs that give the most value in playing a character and telling their story. It also boils down what really matters in RPG role-play, so that you can spend less effort to have more fun.

The guide also comes with a really useful Universal Character Concept Sheet, which I've already uploaded into the Character Sheet section.

Any feedback you might have would be much appreciated. Let me know what you think.

Happy Holidays! :)

Remove ads