• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ranger Combat Styles?

dagger

Adventurer
Didn't a recent Dragon mag come out with some variant combat styles for rangers, and if so, which Dragon was it? Thanks!!

Or maybe I saw them some where else?

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I had a couple worked up... *tries to remember*

Dervish
Level 2: Mobility
Level 6: Spring Attack
Level 11: Whirlwind Attack

Raider
Level 2: Mounted Archery
Level 6: Ride-By Attack
Level 11: Spirited Charge

Wrasslin' Man
Level 2: Improved Grapple
Level 6: Improved Bull Rush
Level 11: Stunning Fist

-- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Hey Dagger,

I got your email. I think that you have to give 6th & 11th level Feats that are as good as the ones in the normal combat paths -- that is to say, that require a high level and grant a significant benefit.

The Core rules don't have very many Feats like that -- Improved Critical is one of the few I can think of off the top of my head. I suspect that Complete Warrior will have some better candidates.

-- N

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Nifft said:
I had a couple worked up... *tries to remember*

Dervish
Level 2: Mobility
Level 6: Spring Attack
Level 11: Whirlwind Attack

Raider
Level 2: Mounted Archery
Level 6: Ride-By Attack
Level 11: Spirited Charge

Wrasslin' Man
Level 2: Improved Grapple
Level 6: Improved Bull Rush
Level 11: Stunning Fist

-- N
Funny how all of those chains ignore the low-level, generally ignored prerequisite feats normally needed, while of the two existing chains, one of them stops you from needing a feat which is generally regarded as superior, and the other doesn't let you short-cut at all...

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Saeviomagy said:
Funny how all of those chains ignore the low-level, generally ignored prerequisite feats normally needed, while of the two existing chains, one of them stops you from needing a feat which is generally regarded as superior, and the other doesn't let you short-cut at all...

Bluh? The Archery chain ignores Point-Blank Shot, which is no slouch, while the TWF chain grants a Feat one whole level before it's available to anyone else (11th vs. 12th).

-- N

Remove ads