• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ranger Questions (multiple attacks, interrupts)

TheWinslow

First Post
Dear Board,

Help me. I'm a new DM running 4th and I have a ranger player asking questions to which I have no solid answers. Forgive me if these have already been answered: Although I saw a few ranger threads, they didn't answer these questions.

My two areas of concern are thus:

Twin Strike: It targets "one or two creatures" and gives "two attacks". Does this mean...

two attacks, one per target OR

two attacks, which may be used to attack one target twice or both targets once OR

two attacks at both targets

Also, Disruptive Strike/Fox's Cunning: These powers are triggered by an enemy's attack. Is the attack resolved before or after the power?

Also, assuming the power is resolved before the triggering attack, if the attacked character moves out of range via Fox's Cunning, can the attack still hit and deal damage.

Thanks in advance to everyone who takes time to clear this up for me.

Twin Strike: There are two attacks. You may use them against one or two targets as you wish.

Fox's Cunning: The action type is an Immediate Reaction. This means it happens after the event/attack.

Disruptive Strike The action type is an Immediate Interrupt. This means it happens before the event/attack.

There's more details on action types on p.268.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads