ranges a bit large?

Dalenthas

First Post
Re: Re: ranges a bit large?

Now, consider it as an acute triangle;
Aww, but right triangles are sooo much easier to use...

... the building is one side, the ground between shooter and building is the second side, and the distance between shooter and target is the third side. I think the formula is, the square of the hypotenouse (the longest side) is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides. So if the building is 50 feet tall, and it's 50 feet from the shooter to the building, then the range from shooter to EHP (evil high priest) is the square root of 5,000. I can't find my calculator, so somebody else will have to figure out what the range is. With a range increment of 40 feet, I suspect the shooter would have a -2 on the shot. At an RI of 100 feet then there would be no penalty.

The formula is a^2 + b^2 = c^2, where a and b are the legs of a right triangle and c is the hypotenuse. If your 50ft away and the building is 50 ft tall you can take a shortcut and say the distance is 50 square roots of 2, or just over 70 ft.

Happen to be doing this stuff in geometry class now....

Rashak Mani

First Post
Pistols are very very short range... but then so are most bows if compared to rifles and such... I do have to agree with you that the range increments seem a little off.

I would put the penalties to hit someone running at least -4... double moving -2... zigzagging would be out of character thou... hehe

Remove ads