rate the gm ... rate the players :D !

Selkirk

First Post
to show what a B-) i am i have been watching various you tube / google plus rpg games while drawing/brainstorming rpg ideas. my all time favorite is this session with gm chris perkins and a group of british players .
[video=youtube;MefGEUkxud0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MefGEUkxud0[/video]

i thought chris did an amazing job (made me want to play in that game :D) and the players really got into the game as it went along. nice mix of humor and heroism with these four.i found this session to be much more entertaining than the robot chicken/celebrity games chris had run in the past.

so why am i mentioning this video? i thought it would be interesting to get some feedback as to how you guys think he did overall and how the players did.

but further this thread should be a place where we could post and rate other taped games. ideally what we want are examples of stellar gm'ing and great role and roll playing from the players...but beauty is in the eye of the beholder :eek:.

perhaps a good rule of thumb would be a one or two day wait between video postings. that way the thread doesn't get too filled with vids and we could post some feedback and thoughts on each one...but we could also just play it by ear completely :D. any and all rpg's are game (traveller/d&d/pathfinder/etc...)....and there are numerous play sessions on you tube of gaming campaigns.

note- uk adventures is a 10 part series ...each one about 10-15 minutes long.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yikes, those aren't just any old players. That's Ian "Fighting Fantasy/Games Worskshop" Livingstone and TV writer Graham "Father Ted/The I.T. Crowd) Lineham there!

It was hard to hear some of the players - I think the microphone was up by Chris Perkins. He did a fine job of setting the scene - he was blessed with attentive players who listened to every word without interruption for several minutes! The magic of pointing video cameras at people...

Selkirk

First Post
yeah you could definitely tell the players were into it...now in fairness, two things. first of all as noted these are all experienced gamers (so they came to it with a certain mindset...playing the game :D). and secondly, the session was pretty focused, as they were trying to showcase d and d red box (which really does come off well here-rules lite and letting the narrative flow...not much crunch which is a plus in my book). it's a fun series to watch...the players are really getting into it by the fifth and sixth segment and they are loosening up. they play it pretty cautious for the first 2 or 3 chunks but after that the next few battles are just a pleasure to watch. and great creativity on display (loving the variety of birds the wizard came up with for different spells).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
yeah you could definitely tell the players were into it...now in fairness, two things. first of all as noted these are all experienced gamers (so they came to it with a certain mindset...playing the game :D). and secondly, the session was pretty focused, as they were trying to showcase d and d red box (which really does come off well here-rules lite and letting the narrative flow...not much crunch which is a plus in my book). it's a fun series to watch...the players are really getting into it by the fifth and sixth segment and they are loosening up. they play it pretty cautious for the first 2 or 3 chunks but after that the next few battles are just a pleasure to watch. and great creativity on display (loving the variety of birds the wizard came up with for different spells).

I assume all that is in videos other than the one you posted.

Selkirk

First Post
sorry about that ...here's a link to the full session-im pretty sure this isn't wizards supported but it's better than flipping thru 18 different parts :D (actually it might be, the user has a bunch of wizards uploads...celebrity games/slave lords module run thru with mike mearls etc...)...started watching another snippet, just reminded me i love the use of the gelatinous cube :cool:

[video=youtube;-FeiNEsLElA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FeiNEsLElA[/video]

Last edited:

Selkirk

First Post
another fun one from d & d ...against the slave lords session ran by mike mearls :cool:. not as good as the uk adventure but still interesting and fun (great roleplay and fun starting at 59:38 ...meatpies anyone? :D ). mearls does a good job with the module i thought...the players are running a bit on top of each other-but still overall fun to watch.
[video=youtube;K_2iyvdF_qo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_2iyvdF_qo[/video]

by parts 2 and 3 the group is warming up and really going at it...the system seems to run really smooth with combats. one question and this is an aside...how do you guys handle failed perception checks? seems like every time the group fails a check...they either know or think that something is going to happen but they couldn't detect it.

Last edited:

Remove ads