Ravenloft Collector's Guide

gonzoron

First Post
Amazing job! I'll be using this to double check Mistipedia for anything missing... :)

A few nitpicks:
Unhallowed 11/60: Van Richten

If I'm not mistaken, this mini is called "Vampire Hunter" and isn't Van Richten. Not directly Ravenloft related, though it would be fine for use in Ravenloft.

Also on the mini front, there's the apocryphal Suul/Azalin miniature, and several Soth minis from the Dragonlance line that could be considered equally Ravenloft-y. (RP Soth standing and mounted 11-064 and Lord Soth's Charge boxed set and the D&D minis Giants of Legend #36 Lord Soth)

And, the "Mouspad" is actually spelled "Mauspad", (It's German). Yes, it's a typo in the Catman Jim's Museum of Rarities .pdf.

Any proof of that Ravenloft Sweatshirt? we discussed a Ravenloft sweater in that same thread, but no one was sure if one was made.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
A few nitpicks:

Nitpicks are good :)

Unhallowed 11/60: Van Richten

If I'm not mistaken, this mini is called "Vampire Hunter" and isn't Van Richten. Not directly Ravenloft related, though it would be fine for use in Ravenloft.
That should be 10/60 -- fixed!

Also on the mini front, there's the apocryphal Suul/Azalin miniature, and several Soth minis from the Dragonlance line that could be considered equally Ravenloft-y. (RP Soth standing and mounted 11-064 and Lord Soth's Charge boxed set and the D&D minis Giants of Legend #36 Lord Soth)
I think I'll leave those to the Dragonlance collector's guide, since they weren't produced during Soth's sojourn into Ravenloft, but when he was clearly a Dragonlance resident. (Plus, I haven't included other Dragonlance mentions of Soth, or the Aspect of Vecna mini in this guide.)

And, the "Mouspad" is actually spelled "Mauspad", (It's German). Yes, it's a typo in the Catman Jim's Museum of Rarities .pdf.
Whoops. I'll fix that too.

Any proof of that Ravenloft Sweatshirt? we discussed a Ravenloft sweater in that same thread, but no one was sure if one was made.

Alas, no proof. I think my source for that item was the Tome of Treasures, which is generally very reliable. But I wasn't able to find a picture of the sweatshirt, or any corroborating evidence anywhere else. (The various bits of D&D clothing made over the years have been very hard to get definitive proof of for many settings :.-( )

Thanael

Explorer

Typically german. Translate the first word but not the second.

I have an Ultimiate Buckles Ltd. brochure which had pictures of the Ravenloft and Planescape sweatshirts. Unfortunately I seem to have lost those pages of the brochure, what remains shows only the pins and belt-buckles. Speaking of which there's also a colored pewter pin for Ravenloft apparently and a version for a key-chain:

Pins.jpg

Here are all the pics of the brochure: Link

Last edited:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I have an Ultimiate Buckles Ltd. brochure which had pictures of the Ravenloft and Planescape sweatshirts. Unfortunately I seem to have lost those pages of the brochure, what remains shows only the pins and belt-buckles. Speaking of which there's also a colored pewter pin for Ravenloft apparently and a version for a key-chain:
Wow, that's an awesome find Thanael. Looks like I need to update a few of the Guides based on those pictures. Thanks for sharing :D

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
A few minor nitpicks again...

Ravenloft: Realm of Terror (June 1992)

This product launched the 2nd Edition Ravenloft line and I'm fairly certain it came out before any of the supplements or adventures, which have release dates of 1990 and 1991. Also, the foreword to Ravenloft Monstrous Compendium Appendices I & II states:

After the first Ravenloft Realm of Terror boxed set was published in 1990...

Speaking of Monstrous Compendiums...

MC10: Monstrous Compendium Ravenloft Appendix (April 1994)
MC15: Monstrous Compendium Ravenloft Appendix II: Children of the Night (November 1993)

I'm assuming that MC10 likely came out April 1993. Likewise...

Children of the Night: Werebeasts (November 1998)
Van Richten's Monster Hunter's Compendium, Volume One (February 1996)
Children of the Night: The Created (May 1999)

Presumably VR's Monster Hunter's Compendium, Volume One came out Feb '99. Finally...

Van Richten's Monster Hunter's Compendium, Volume Two (December 1999)
Van Richten's Monster Hunter's Compendium, Volume Three (April 2004)

I'm relying on memory here, but I'm almost certain that VR's Monster Hunter's Compendium, Volume Three came out in early 2000. Perhaps this was supposed to be April 2000?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
A few minor nitpicks again...
Your nitpicks are all much appreciated ;)

Ravenloft: Realm of Terror (June 1992)
Fixed to June 1990.

I'm assuming that MC10 likely came out April 1993. Likewise...
April 1991 actually -- fixed.

Presumably VR's Monster Hunter's Compendium, Volume One came out Feb '99.
Correct -- fixed.
I'm relying on memory here, but I'm almost certain that VR's Monster Hunter's Compendium, Volume Three came out in early 2000. Perhaps this was supposed to be April 2000?
Yup, also fixed.

havard

Adventurer
I'm enjoying these threads Echohawk! I hope you will get to my favorite settings eventually as well:

Mystara
Blackmoor
The Savage Coast (Red Steel)
Thunder Rift

:)

-Havard

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I'm looking forward to Mystara also, though, in truth, I can imagine that it will be quite the pain in the rear. As I recall, many of the early adventures were questionable as to whether they were designed for Mystara or Greyhawk.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases