Ravenloft, the Flying Dutchman of Board Games

Arivendel

First Post
Wish i could find some video of actual gameplay, the reviews are great but i would really like to see a group actually playing the game to see if its something my kids would like.

Celisasu

First Post
I played it for the first time tonight. It goes pretty fast. One thing we noticed was that it's better to wake monsters than get encounters. We took far more damage from the encounters than we did the monsters in our game. For one thing monsters seemed to be amazingly easy to kill.

Dragonbait

Explorer
My group played it several nights ago and had fun. We played through scenario 2 and 3, but failed the 4th. We learned that we should not be stingy with spending the XP to remove Effect cards, especially environment cards.

Some of the cards were worded strangely - referring to things "closest to you" then referring to "the character". We randomly rolled who a monster would attack if multiple characters were equally distant, but as the time went on we just picked who would be the most efficient for the group. We also placed them on each tile wherever we wanted.

We enjoyed it enough that some of the players, myself included, wished that there were more levels to play through like Warhammer Quest.

darjr

I crit!
He went and found the miniatures for the game, except for the new miniatures.

anyone paint theirs yet?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkMQbBCo0-Q&p]YouTube - Castle Ravenloft with Complete Set of Painted Miniatures Components Breakdown in HD[/ame]

Well mine arrived late last week and I managed a game this weekend with my 5 and 6 yr old boys. They loved it, the rangers auto-hit is so OP but not like my 6 yr old cared! All good fun, I played the Cleric and they slaughtered the enemy :)

Remove ads