• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reading Group - I'm channelling SHARK!

I just picked up a copy of The Tarim Mummies by Victor Mair and Jim Mallory, and the more I read it, the more I think this would be a great setting and a chance to mix up some standard D&D cultural archetypes with some Oriental Adventures material.

The book itself, which discusses the history of the mummies found around the edges of the Taklamakan Desert and the history of groups that are probable descendents of them (including the Xionghu (Huns), the Saka and others) is written for laymen, but is a bit on the academic side. Still, I haven't been this fascinated by anything I've read in a long time.

Anyone else seen this book?

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

I'm here Joshua!:) This sounds like a great book...I'll see if I can find it! Maybe a Reading Group can be started!:)

Did you check your E-mail? I wrote you a note.:)

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

Can I post again? I tried to respond, Biggus, several days ago, but wasn't able to. Right now I'll see if I can muster a bump, or if the boards are still denying me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads