Really cool source of inspiration for adventures

Schmoe

Adventurer
Just randomly while searching around on the internet (I think I was searching for "horned shadow"), I came across the SCP Foundation website. From the wikipedia entry, this is a collaborative writing project where people submit paranormal places and things in an X-files dossier style. Here's a quote from the wikipedia article:

Wikipedia said:
The SCP Foundation is a fictional organization that is the subject of a web-based collaborative writing project of the same name. The stories generated by the project describe the exploits of the Foundation, supposedly responsible for containing individuals, entities, locations, and objects that violate natural law (referred to as SCPs). The main written works on the SCP Foundation website are articles written in the style of structured internal documentation about the contained SCPs.

Having browsed through just a handful so far, I admit that I have been completely amazed. There are literally thousands of intriguing SCPs cataloged here that have already given me a number of ideas to include in my campaign. While the SCPs are written in the present-day, most of them can easily transfer. If anyone is looking for inspiration, I'd highly recommend checking out the site!

Cheers!

Remove ads