Reaper Bones 6 - Tales from the Green Griffin

MGibster

Legend
I can personally attest to this. I used rattlecans on a maybe 20-30 of the Bones minis. In a few cases (3 or 4?) it resulted in the mini feeling weird, sort of tacky, to the touch. You could still feel it even after another coat of paint.
This Reaper mini is still tacky after having been painted for nearly two years now. I bought it before I owned an airbrush, so it was rattle can 'cause I don't brush on no primer.

PIggy.JPG

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
View attachment 155447

Bones sometimes reacts poorly with aerosol primer ("rattlecans"). Not always, but often enough that they recommend against using it. Brush-on primer or airbrushed primer works fine.
I’ll have to get some brush-on primer when we get a bigger place. I’m just not one to set up an airbrush and then break it down and all that, the extra steps would make it feel like work even though it’s actually less work.

Staffan

Legend
I’ll have to get some brush-on primer when we get a bigger place. I’m just not one to set up an airbrush and then break it down and all that, the extra steps would make it feel like work even though it’s actually less work.
Totally valid. I have mine permanently set up on my painting desk.

I will say that the priming itself looks a lot better when done by airbrush than when brushed on. An airbrush also lets you do zenithal priming which is pretty neat.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Totally valid. I have mine permanently set up on my painting desk.

I will say that the priming itself looks a lot better when done by airbrush than when brushed on. An airbrush also lets you do zenithal priming which is pretty neat.
Yeah I would definitely have to do research and get a whole set up for that. And I got ADHD, I’ve learned not to invest deeply in hobbies that require setup and equipment and stuff.

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
2 hours to go? It's gonna come in a little light compared to their other runs -- demand may be waning (at least from those who about these Kickstarters..). It's still a great deal price-wise, for entry into unpainted minis, or beefing up your collection (oof). They've added some variety, which is nice. I was worried about the Core Set value, but it looks like it will still be well worth it.

Remove ads