Record Attendance at Gen Con 2023

aco175

Legend
570 game companies. That sounds great for the gaming community. The city must have made out as well with the tick to businesses.

darjr

I crit!
Record numbers at GenCon over 70 thousand confirmed but may have been 85 to over 100, though that estimate was the rumor running rampant at the con. Saturday badges sold out on Thursday and I think they’ve never sold out before. The Ennies, a ticketed event by tradition, sold out and I dint think that’s ever happened either.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Well, good for GenCon!

I'm not personally a fan of such large crowds, but if "BIG" is one of GenCon's goals, they seem to have hit it :)

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
My friends and I went back on Sunday (we had 4 day passes but initially planned to skip the last day) and I was shocked - the hall looked as packed as it had on Friday. Last year Sunday was more or less a wind-down and was pretty much dead.

I wonder what next year is going to look like?

darjr

I crit!
My friends and I went back on Sunday (we had 4 day passes but initially planned to skip the last day) and I was shocked - the hall looked as packed as it had on Friday. Last year Sunday was more or less a wind-down and was pretty much dead.

I wonder what next year is going to look like?
Yea my buddy said “wait till you see the ghost town” and I was all “ghost town? In Hell maybe! It’s packed!”

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
We had the same reaction; none of us expected the exhibit hall to look as crowded on Sunday as it had on Friday (though still less crowded than it was on Saturday).

Remove ads