• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recosting Magic Items in MIC = Blatant Power Creep...er..Power Charge?

VirgilCaine

First Post
takasi said:
"Art of torchbearing" is not what I said. If you take sunrods out of the game, first level characters do not want to move around the dungeon with a torch in their hand. It adds a tiny amount of extra strategy to the game, and makes it more likely the party will hire a porter (which can be fun).

So I guess you wouldn't allow me to mount a light source on my shield, huh?
Or have continual flame cast on my shield?
Or glue an ever-burning torch to my shield?
Or play a dwarf or half-orc?

I guess I have to hire an NPC to carry a torch for me. Sigh.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Nightfall said:
Dog,

I prefer to keep my navel clear of metal. Unless it's in a fight and I die...

Toe rings are fine.

Well personally, I don't wear rings of any type, but on some characters, I could definitely see rings all over.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Dog Moon said:
Well personally, I don't wear rings of any type, but on some characters, I could definitely see rings all over.

I just want the One ring myself. The other D&D rings suck compared to that. ;)

takasi

First Post
VirgilCaine said:
So I guess you wouldn't allow me to mount a light source on my shield, huh?

Correct. You can hold one in a light shield hand, but not with heavy or two handed weapons. With a glowrod you can just stick it in your belt.

VirgilCaine said:
Or have continual flame cast on my shield?

My players can do this.

VirgilCaine said:
Or glue an ever-burning torch to my shield?

Correct.

VirgilCaine said:
Or play a dwarf or half-orc?

I guess I have to hire an NPC to carry a torch for me. Sigh.

That is incorrect. The goal isn't to force hiring a torchbearer, but to make it slightly more advantageous, especially at first level. Or you can wield a torch, but is slightly less convenient than a sunrod.

And this is just in one of my grittier campaigns. In my Eberron campaign glowrods are fine.

Last edited:

Remove ads