Recruiting for Adventure in the Vastermarch

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
... Banion's got half a mind to try and mend fences with his family, but could be distracted from this pretty easilly... and I've never established exactly where the Lorish clan lives...

OK - I was debating which halfing to give the hook to, but it looks like Banion is elected. Halfings make up only 2% of the Vastermarch, so it's possible this is where Banion is from, but it doesn't really matter. The hook is largely as follows.

Banion has a first cousin(?) once removed whom he has never met. His father's cousin is named Poto Knezer. Poto's mother is Banion's aunt. Poto's father is said to have been a gnome. While it is not so very unusual for a halfling to become involved with a gnome, there have been no documented cases of offspring, thus this story may be apocraphal. None the less, Poto Knezer has been a successful adventurer whose stories are often told in Banion's family. Banion has never met Poto. He is now supposedly high up in some sort of halfling mafia in the Vastermarch & elsewhere. He's supposedly wealthy & connected. He's the only person Banion can think of who might be able to offer protection & employment. Last Banion heard, Poto Knezer was living in the town of Braeholl. This town is not on the map, but is located in the very nothern part of the Vastermarch. Perhaps the halflings can decide upon this as an exit strategy in their current adventure. If they can decide to head to the Northern Vastermarch, I'll take it from there in my adventure thread.

Feel free to expand on the details of this family connection in Banion's history. Feel free to modify is in minor ways. The more you expand it, the more I can do with it.

Eusebius' hook will come when he visits the temple of Hyrag in Orussus. Feel free to post an exit to the RDI, then I'll start him up in the adventure thread. Presumably after his hook is in place, he'll decide that Juliana would be a big help in his quest & will go get her. If Boog is in the RDI, Eusebius would probably want him to come along as well. If he's not, then I'll catch him in a different hook.

El Jefe

First Post
Boog is in Rivenblight, practicing some odd meditation technique that requires him to stare at a pebble resting on his open palm. Occasionally he cries out in pain, and blood oozes out from under the pebble. Strangely, when this happens, he seems pleased...not pleased that he managed to hurt himself, but for some other reason...

Juliana and Eusebius remembered leaving him in Rivenblight, at a shop where some sort of mystic was dispensing spiritual advice for a fee. The "guru" seemed dubious at best, and they had a great deal of difficulty reconciling Boog with that sort of pursuit. But if they journeyed back there, they'd find him not far from that shop. You'd expect to find him at a nearby inn, and indeed he has a room, but he's rarely there. Instead, from before dawn to after sunset every day, he simply sits on a bench just outside the shop, sitting for hours at a time, never eating, never drinking, just staring at a pebble in the palm of his hand.

Bront

The man with the probe
Boddynock said:
Yep - RDI is s l o w at the moment. Just give me the hook and Eusebius will be on board!

'Nock
Ditto.

Jules just opened her shop, perhaps she's being comitioned by someone up there. I could see Eusebius joining her, as the two seem to get along well enough (which is a good feat for any man)

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
Boog is in Rivenblight, practicing some odd meditation technique that requires him to stare at a pebble resting on his open palm. Occasionally he cries out in pain, and blood oozes out from under the pebble. Strangely, when this happens, he seems pleased...not pleased that he managed to hurt himself, but for some other reason...

Juliana and Eusebius remembered leaving him in Rivenblight, at a shop where some sort of mystic was dispensing spiritual advice for a fee. The "guru" seemed dubious at best, and they had a great deal of difficulty reconciling Boog with that sort of pursuit. But if they journeyed back there, they'd find him not far from that shop. You'd expect to find him at a nearby inn, and indeed he has a room, but he's rarely there. Instead, from before dawn to after sunset every day, he simply sits on a bench just outside the shop, sitting for hours at a time, never eating, never drinking, just staring at a pebble in the palm of his hand.
Perhaps Boog's meditations gave him a glimps of something that draws him that direction.

Juliana is NOT inclined to return to Rivenblight for the most part.

B4cchus

Explorer
Manzanita said:
Well, it sounds like a good group we have here. I reckon we should get stated. I'm going to take Eusibeus, Juliana, Boog, Beamer & Banion. As fond as I am of Talbin, I don't think a 3rd level PC will quite cut it. I'm happy with 5 anyway.

Is Boog currently in Ravensblight? Or did he return to Orussus? I know Eusebius & Juliana are in the RDI. The halflings are where, at this point?

If you five could check in & confirm your continued interest, I'll get some hooks going.

Too bad Talbin can't tag along but i understand your motivations. I wouldn't want to see Talbin dead at a single blow from a cr5 opponent..
Let's hope something pops up at the RDI soon, things have indeed been slow lately.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OK - I was debating which halfing to give the hook to, but it looks like Banion is elected. Halfings make up only 2% of the Vastermarch, so it's possible this is where Banion is from, but it doesn't really matter. The hook is largely as follows.

Banion has a first cousin(?) once removed whom he has never met. His father's cousin is named Poto Knezer. Poto's mother is Banion's aunt. Poto's father is said to have been a gnome. While it is not so very unusual for a halfling to become involved with a gnome, there have been no documented cases of offspring, thus this story may be apocraphal. None the less, Poto Knezer has been a successful adventurer whose stories are often told in Banion's family. Banion has never met Poto. He is now supposedly high up in some sort of halfling mafia in the Vastermarch & elsewhere. He's supposedly wealthy & connected. He's the only person Banion can think of who might be able to offer protection & employment. Last Banion heard, Poto Knezer was living in the town of Braeholl. This town is not on the map, but is located in the very nothern part of the Vastermarch. Perhaps the halflings can decide upon this as an exit strategy in their current adventure. If they can decide to head to the Northern Vastermarch, I'll take it from there in my adventure thread.

Feel free to expand on the details of this family connection in Banion's history. Feel free to modify is in minor ways. The more you expand it, the more I can do with it.

Banion's an outcast from his nuclear familly at the moment, something he doesn't like to talk about. They are a bit freaked out by his unusual powers, and his choice of lifestyle has worsened things considerably. They're very much in the "adventures make you late to dinner" mold.

Sounds like Cousin Poto would be as disaproved of as Banion himself, maybe more so. Banion, trying to think of a good place to lay low, will decide to look up the other black sheep in the familly. I'll post a suggestion to Beamer in this regard in Thirst for Power.

Knight Otu

First Post
Manzanita said:
I'm going to take Eusibeus, Juliana, Boog, Beamer & Banion.
Aww, and here I hoped I might be able to snatch Beamer & Banion for a follow-up of sorts to Slaves of the Dragon. No pissing off the Ashen Talon involved..... under normal circumstances.

Patlin

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
Aww, and here I hoped I might be able to snatch Beamer & Banion for a follow-up of sorts to Slaves of the Dragon. No pissing off the Ashen Talon involved..... under normal circumstances.

Banion's pretty set on the idea of looking up his cousin. :)

Did you mean Slaves of the Dragon, or Dance of Souls?

And btw -- I've got about a dozen LEB proposals I'd like you to look at, KO!

Knight Otu

First Post
Patlin said:
Banion's pretty set on the idea of looking up his cousin. :)

Did you mean Slaves of the Dragon, or Dance of Souls?

And btw -- I've got about a dozen LEB proposals I'd like you to look at, KO!
I meant Slaves. Dance would be likely to have some sort of Talon involvement larger than "This guy has some odd black talon on him that radiates magic."

As for the proposals, my big problem is that I don't have CompPsi yet.

Remove ads