• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RECRUITING: Perils of Thunder Island

Dragonwriter

First Post
Very nice. This is shaping up to be an interesting group :). And it looks like we will be full for players quite soon. There look to be a few people from the WotC Forums and SanguineLobster from OpenRPG, and then it looks like we'll be ready to get underway! This is excellent!

Reckless - Could you show me what order you took your levels in? It's difficult trying to figure out HPs and skills based on just the final numbers... And a little more detail in the description would be good to see.
Other than those things, this looks great!

Stevekro1 - Yes, I'm sure you can't take Natural Spell yet. Come 6th level, you can. You only have 3 feats (1 for Human, 1 for level 1, 1 for level 3). Natural Spell requires the Wild Shape class feature, which you don't get until level 5. At least you get a feat next level, which can be Natural Spell. It would be rather silly to have a feat that you can't use a couple of levels before you even qualify for ;). EDIT: And the backstory is nicely done. Good explanation, and one that is believable.

stevekro1

First Post
Thanks for that. I'll probably choose a diff. feat than toughness I'll check.

We're off to a good start.

I chose Combat Expertise. :)

Last edited:

SanguineLobster

First Post
Alright, perhaps the phrase "Should be done and posted soon" was a bit of an exaggeration.

Here it is, tell me if I missed something.

Official 13 Kingdoms Character Sheet
Name: Oain Irensoul
Player: SanguineLobster
E-Mail: dah2763@rit.edu

Race: Hill Dwarf
Class: Fighter
Level: 5
ECL: +0 mod/total 5
XPs: 10000 current/15000 next level

Current DM: Dragonwriter
Patron God: Os
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Home Kingdom: Argossea
===================================
Str: 17 +3
Dex: 14 +2
Con: 16 +3
Int: 10 +0
Wis: 14 +2
Cha: 8 -1
HP: 58
AC: 18 (+2 Dex, +0 Size, +6 Armor, +0 Shield)
Init: +6
Speed: 20 feet
BAB: +5
Mel: +8
Rng: +7
Fort: +7 (+4 Base / +3 for CON)
Refl: +3 (+1 Base / +2 for DEX)
Will: +3 (+1 Base / +2 for WIS)
Special Abilities
Race: Dwarf
Darkvision 60
Stonecunning: +2 search to notice unusual stonework(hidden doors/traps) and makes auto-search check if within 10ft of unusual stonework
Weapon Familiarity: Dwarven waraxes and Dwarven Urgoshes are martial instead of exotic
Stability: +4 to resist bull rush/trip attempts when standing on the ground
Poison Resistance: +2 vs/poisons
Resistance to spells: +2 on saves against spells/spell effects
Dwarven racism: +1 to hit orcs/goblinoids
Giant Dodge: +4 AC vs. giant type creatures
Dwarven Greed: +2 appraise or craft if stone or metal is involved
Dwarven Stats: +2 CON, -2 CHA

Class: Fighter
Bonus Feats Level: 1,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20
Other:

Feats:

Improved Initiative
Power Attack
Cleave
Weapon Focus: Halberd
Weapon Specialization: Halberd

Languages: Galvic(Dwarven), Tradespeak(Common), Argosh

Skills
Trained or Untrained: +X (=Rank + Stat Mod + Other)
Appraise +0 (=0+0+0)
Balance -1 (=0+2-3)
Bluff -1 (=0-1+0)
Climb +4 (=4+3-3)
Concentration +3 (=0+3+0)
Craft (Untrained) +0 (=0+0+0)
Diplomacy -1 (=0-1+0)
Disguise -1 (=0-1+0)
Escape Artist -1 (=0+2-3)
Forgery +0 (=0+0+0)
Gather Information -1 (=0-1+0)
Heal +2 (=0+2+0)
Hide -1 (=0+2-3)
Intimidate +3 (=4-1+0)
Jump +4 (=4+3-3)
Listen +2 (=0+2+0)
Move Silently -1 (=0+2-3)
Perform (list type) -1 (=0-1+0)
Profession (Untrained) +2 (=0+2+0)
Ride +2 (=0+2+0)
Search +0 (=0+0+0)
Sense Motive +2 (=0+2+0)
Spot +2 (=0+2+0)
Survival +2 (=0+2+0)
Swim +1 (=4+3-6)
Use Rope +2 (=0+2+0)

Trained Only: +X (=Rank + Stat Mod + Other)
Craft (list type) +0 (=0+0+0)
Decipher Script +0 (=0+0+0)
Disable Device +0 (=0+0+0)
Handle Animal +0 (=0+0+0)
Knowledge (list type) +0 (=0+0+0)
Open Lock +0 (=0+0+0)
Profession (list type) +0 (=0+0+0)
Sleight of Hand +0 (=0+0+0)
Speak Language (list languages, 1 per rank)
Spellcraft +0 (=0+0+0)
Tumble +0 (=0+0+0)
Use Magic Device +0 (=0+0+0)
Magic Items (location, weight):
Bag of holding I (on belt)
Ring of sustenance (worn)
4 potions of cure light wounds
Other Equipment:
Weapons:
+1 Halberd (worn, +10, 1d10+7, x3crit)
Shortbow (worn, +7, 1d6, x3crit)

Armor, Clothes:
+1 Breastplate (worn, 30 lb, -3 Armor check penalty)
Traveler's Outfit (worn)
Silver Holy symbol of Os (worn)

-----------------------------------
Container: Bag of Holding I

Contents:
4 potions cure light wounds
Bedroll
Waterskin
Flint and Steel
4 days of trail rations
2 quivers of 20 arrows each
50 ft hemp rope
10' pole

Container:

Contents:

Money
PP: 0
GP: 79
SP: 9
CP: 0
Gems/Other: 0
Load
Light: 0-86 lbs.
Medium: 87-173 lbs.
Heavy: 174-260 lbs.
Current: 64 lbs.
Animals and Companions

Pack Animal:
Name Race Type
HD Hp Init Spd AC
Atk Dam
SA SQ AL
Saves: F: / R: / W:
Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha
Skills&Feats:

Packed: (weight)

Load
Light:
Medium:
Heavy:
Current:
Riding Animal:
Name Race Type
HD Hp Init Spd AC
Atk Dam
SA SQ AL
Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha
Skills&Feats:

Load
Light:
Medium:
Heavy:
Current:
Familiar/Animal Companion(s):
Name Race Type
HD Hp Init Spd AC
Atk Dam
SA SQ AL
Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha
Skills&Feats:

Henchmen/Cohorts/Hirelings:
Name Race Type
HD Hp Init Spd AC
Atk Dam
SA SQ AL
Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha
Skills&Feats:

Magic
Spells per day:
Domains (If applicable):
Spells Known:
Lvl 1 Spells:
Lvl 2 Spells:
Lvl 3 Spells:
Lvl 4 Spells:
Lvl 5 Spells:
Lvl 6 Spells:
Lvl 7 Spells:
Lvl 8 Spells:
Lvl 9 Spells:
Spells Memorized:
Lvl 1 Spells:
Lvl 2 Spells:
Lvl 3 Spells:
Lvl 4 Spells:
Lvl 5 Spells:
Lvl 6 Spells:
Lvl 7 Spells:
Lvl 8 Spells:
Lvl 9 Spells:
Description (include Age, gender, height, weight, physical description):
Age: 89, Male, Weight: 303 lbs, Height: 4' 5”, Stocky and musclebound, even for a dwarf, with grey eyes and long shaggy brown hair and beard, roughly braided.

Oain lived in a pleasant subterranean village, on the outskirts of civilization and had a simple life as a city guardsman. Although a proficient soldier, he was a carefree man, perfectly happy to spend days carousing and drinking with friends, or anyone who happened to be nearby, he particularly enjoyed leaving the dark tunnels and caverns for a brisk swim in the nearby river. Soon after becoming recognized as a man, he married the lovely Ilde, an immigrant from far off lands that he couldn't imagine in his wildest dreams.

Almost inevitably, all this changed. Late one evening, when Oain skipped out on work early for a relaxing swim, a barbarian raiding party broke through the town's defensive barriers and killed many, including his one love. Oain immediately blamed himself for the massacre, and left silently and empty handed into the endless fields of Argossea, in search of some forgiveness. Since then, Oain has lived a conflicted life. He feels an overwhelming guilt, and need to right the wrongs of his past, but, given the opportunity, he will eagerly distract himself with cheap alcohol and cheaper women.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Stevekro1 - Sorry, but Combat Expertise is unavailable for you. It requires a minimum of 13 Int, and Jeralt only has 10. You'll need to pick a different one.

SanguineLobster - It looks like your stats are a little off... First, could you show me where you put the level 4 boost? I'm guessing you put that point into Str, but I can't be sure. Even if you did, it doesn't seem to work out... I've got around 37 points, rather than 32. Everything else looks good.

Hehe, I've got a pair of Chaotic Dwarves, neither of whom honor their maker... This could get very interesting ;). I'm expecting I'll get another 2 people from the WotC Forums, and then our little group will be ready. I think I'd like to wait until Typewriter gets back before we start, though.

stevekro1

First Post
Dangit! Hold on I'll select another. :eek:

Hehe I'll just go with Dodge for the +1 AC Bonus. Oh, and for a d3+1, is there a special dice for that, or do I just roll a D4 since it is a d3+1?

Can we have a practice-type of game on Saturday so we can all get the kinks out of OpenRPG and maybe learn how to use it a bit? Possibly a little meeting or something? It's my first time using it and it would be a time-waster to explain it to myself and maybe somebody else on game day.

Last edited:

SanguineLobster

First Post
hmm, yeah I may have messed up, let's see

Str 18 = 13pts + level 4 increase
Dex 14 = 6pts
Con 16 = 6pts + racial bonus
Int 10 = 2pts
Wis 14 = 6pts
Cha 8 = 2pts -racial penalty

That's erh.... 35.:blush:
I'll change something around

Dragonwriter

First Post
Dodge is fine. I'm open to a meet this Saturday evening, to help you learn the program. And any other players will be welcome. I'll be happy to attempt to answer any questions you have for me. Naturally, this will take place Saturday at 7 PM PST.

In Other News... I have started up our OOC (and IC will come soon) threads. For those of you who don't know what those are for, let me explain.
In the OOC (Meaning Out-Of-Character) thread, I will post when I'm on OpenRPG, in case you aren't there yet. Also, it would be the place to say "I can't make it X-day" or "I'm going to be late" and such things, or just discuss a little bit of what's happening.

(Later, probably after the first session) In the IC (Meaning In-Character) thread, you have the opportunity to chat with the other characters and take care of simple business (mainly when we are in town, or doing anything like an investigation, or just plain old downtime) between our sessions.

The OOC thread is in News and Views in Players+ and the IC thread will be in the TAVERN: The Hungry Raptor. Both are/will be titled "Perils of Thunder Island".

I will post in the OOC thread once I'm on OpenRPG. We will be using the DEV II server.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Well, while a Druid isn't as great a healer as a Cleric, you can functon reasonably as one. you'll just have to prepare Cure spells more often. The group can function reasonably without each "base" or "role" covered, but there are benefits and things can be easier when you have them all covered.

For example, a group I DM (Homebrew world) works quite well with a Binder, Beguiler, Cleric, Warmage and Incarnate. Only the Cleric is a standard class, but none of these classes have full BAB and the best HD they have is d8. They don't really have a dedicated brawler, but since each of those classes have strong points (And Binders and Beguilers work well as Jack-of-All-Trades), they can fight and survive quite well. The point of me saying this is that you don't need one of each class, it just kinda helps.

stevekro1

First Post
Yeah, I could throw in some heals, just I don't have natural spell so I couldn't cast in shape until lvl 6. Maybe the Typewriter the bard and I can both provide needed heals.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads