• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruitment] ECL 9 (Demunched)FR Underdogs Campaign

DM_Matt

First Post
My posting in Gen Dis has resulted in even more players, so I am going to keep this open for a couple of days, and then decide who to keep. Sort of an admissions process thing. I just want to be fair to the people who want to play and don't check In Char regularly....

drs

First Post
Same as what Cloudgatherer said, would love to play, pity this conversation went down whilst I was sleeping :D.

Character would most likely be a human rouge with a couple levels of a fighter type class, or in other words a scout.

garyh

First Post
I'd definetly going Half-Dragon Half-Human Paladin.

Are you using the ECL 3 rating from the DMG for the Half Dragon Template, or is there another out there?

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm an avid In Character player, and I DM one game...

I don't know much about FR, and I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing in this case... However, that said, I'm sort of looking for a home for a character concept I've been working on for a while. Since your allowing psionics, albeit lightly, I've been wanting to play a certain Psionic Warrior/Egoist/Slayer concept.

The character is themed on "mind over body" and "Discipline can overcome all adversaries" while still mixing and matching melee combat, quick touch-attack arrows, and Psionic combat. It's a little powerful In my opinion, because the character, with appropriate magic gear, can fight against things slightly above par. In low levels, it appears this character concept is over-powered. However, in higher levels, he seems to fall about center, not too strong or weak.

Big focus would be made to be the "center man" of the group. A little healing, a little archery, a little "magic", and a little melee, with some creative dodging and such thrown in. Racially, Human is still my best bet, with the Bonus feat and all. If not human, it would probably be wise to take a templated character with human wrapped inside.

Also, I want to know a little more about the "theme" of the campaign. You layed out the setting quite well, but unless I know whether we are talking "light hearted," "Dangerous," or whatever the theme is, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to just jump in.

Don't give away any plot or anything, please don't. To be specific, what kind of stlyle are you planning? Combat oriented? Adventure oriented? Role-playing oriented? Storytelling oriented? Munchkin oriented (I joke)?

drs

First Post
DM_Matt said:
Sort of an admissions process thing.
Well in that case, I am currently in two other games, HeavyG's Non-Iconic Adventures (Character: Murhid, Monk, FR) and Kajamba Lion's and [CoC-DnD3e-FR] Dead of Winter (Character: Zichard, Paladin). So I can certainly post regularly, though because of this I wouldn't mind if you take someone who isn't already in a game over me.
Like I said previously I would play a human scout character, most likely from Chessenta or if reapersaurus (Ubaar) is in the eight chosen I wouldn't mind integrating backgrounds with him, if he doesn't mind. :)

garyh

First Post
DM_Matt said:
GaryH: Drag/2 pally can be fine, but note that this might not be turning out to be the best group in which to play a paladin. Personally ,I am hoping that he group gravitates more towards CG/NG/CN with G tendencies. It would be best if the characters inherently give a darn about saving the world.

As far as a misc band of monsters, diversity is fine, but I recommend against getting too weird for RP encounters.

Good point. OK, I'm going to switch over to a Half-Dragon (Copper/Half-Orc) Fighter, of CG persuasion.

Still need to know if the ECL for Half-Dragons is 3 as per the DMG...

DM_Matt

First Post
GaryH: The group is by now moving towards where a Pally COULD work, esp using the interpretation that Paladins can follow a higher Law and oppose evil governments. And yes, half-drags are ECL3.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
DM_Matt said:
GaryH: The group is by now moving towards where a Pally COULD work, esp using the interpretation that Paladins can follow a higher Law and oppose evil governments. And yes, half-drags are ECL3.

I'm actually kinda taking to the fighter (Half Orc with Copper Half-Dragon Template) idea. I think I will do that after all.

Last edited:

Remove ads