Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen

Redclaw

First Post
Nothing comes out of the hole to tempt Kason's prepared strike, but as Chevri's spellcasting ends the group hears a series of screeches, howls and yelps from down below, along with a nasty sizzling sound that precedes the smell of the acid spray that you have seen two or three times recently.

Talas, meanwhile, continues to tie his rope around himself. (I'll roll the use rope check. )

pathfinderq1

First Post
Chevri gave one more quick glance down the well- her eyes narrowed as if she were considering something. A moment later, she gave a soft chuffing sigh, then moved around the edge of the well to help handle the rope. "We ought to get down there- I called something to act as a distraction, but I don't know how long it will last..."

Graf

Explorer
No way I'm going in that well! Kason sheaths his falchon. That damn thing can probably hear everything we say! Kason acts loudly [bluff +4]. Lets distract it and head for the hills!

The thief launches a flash pellet down [DC 15 or blinded and dazzled]into the shaft, then trying to take advantage of the distracting blast of light, grabs hold of the lip of the shaft and swings down into the darkness.
Unfortunately he lands poorly in the darkness. Despite the agony he's in as he sprains his ankle his unbelievably powerful sense of self preservation (MS rolled 20=28) keeps him from making a sound.

He tries to land, or scramble someplace with cover from the dragon. I bet it can see in the dark. I bet it's watching me and laughing.
[ooc: Hide +13; if you know, Kason can find some kind of cover: will use an action point and sly fortune reroll on the hide check]

Redclaw

First Post
22 Alexa <-- starting here
21 Chevri
18 Hedowin (I use the same init. count for familiars/companions as their masters)
17 Dragon
13 Kason <-- ending here
10 Talas
6 Drekhad

Alexa continues to wait for a plan of action.

Chevri suggests that they head down, meanwhile the sound of the scuffle below continues.

Hedown welcomes Ebony back and asks for assistance in descending into the well.

More sounds come from below, including a distressed screech that Chevri recognizes as the panicked sound of a bat.

Kason bluffs, drops an alchemical pellet, then jumps over the edge, disappearing into the well.
[sblock=Kason] 40' fall, 13 points of damage. It is dark, with the only light coming from the well. He is able to find cover in the dragon's hoard (actually the skeleton of a much larger dragon rests atop it) Map to follow. Go ahead and spend your action point.[/sblock]

Actions for Talas and/or Drekhad now that Kason has taken the plunge?

EvolutionKB

First Post
Talas with the rope tied securely about him tosses one end to Drekhad. He pulls his everburning torch out of his pack and tosses it down the well. "Hang on," he says to Drekhad, "I'm going in."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Hedowin watches with a smile as Talas slides down the rope. "I'll be down in a moment -- I have something to repay that whelp for, and I will not settle for anything less than his hide this time."

[sblock=OOC - light in pit]
Should be a light spell still in effect from Hedowin -- when he tossed a rock with the spell down below. Duration is 10 minutes, due to it being cast from the sorcerer side, so CL1.
[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Oh right! Into the breeches! Forward! Dogs! War! Something like that!"

Drekhad will move down at the next opportunity, boldly yelling all kinds of nonsense. Once the group is all down he'll try to open his mindlink (racial).

Redclaw

First Post
I'm confused. Is Drekhad holding the rope for Talas to climb down (I will need a strength check for D and a climb check for T if so), or is Drekhad jumping in?

Remove ads