• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen

Redclaw

First Post
Antitoxin is available from a number of sources. You find a pretty reliable apothecary shop where you can purchase it for the standard 50 gp per vial.

Scrolls and potions of Lesser Restoration are a bit more specialized, but there seems to be such a market for them from people headed out into the jungle that there is a group of priests of the Host selling both near the gate. If you'd like to purchase any, the potions are 300 gp each, and the scrolls are 150.

If there's nothing else you'd like to do to prepare yourselves for the journey, go ahead and set up a marching order for your jungle trek. The path will be either 5' and 10' wide at different times, so I'd like your order for both.

WakkaWakka

First Post
Cholas
Cholas double-checks the leather scroll-holders, and voices his preoccupations - "I've got some of those scrolls - it could be enough, I think... it's just that I'd hate to be stranded in an unknown jungle, poisoned into helplessness."

As they get near the gates, he goes to get one more scrolls and an antitoxin vial - and notices how ridicolous is getting his backpack! "All right - it's getting out of hand. I think I'm taking too seriously that "poisonous jungle" thing - I mean, I'll be actually relieved if we end up using even half of this! Let's confide in the Flame and our skills - we'll be fine."

When they'll get on the trail, Cholas will take rear-guard duty: he's not a woodsman, but he's good at ranged combat, and should anything attack from behind he can rely on his divine powers - and his trusty walking stick.

[sblock=OOC]I gave a cursory glance at the rogue gallery... you had a shortbow written down somewhere :eek:! Oh, well. Now we know what to get you for christmas ;) [/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Talas

Talas hands the Priest of the Host some platinum for a scroll as well, which he promptly gives to his brother. "Confide in the Flame? Ha! I'd rather trust only myself!" Talas stands beside Drekhad when the path is wide enough for two, otherwise he walks behind the crusader.

WakkaWakka

First Post
Cholas

And so the two brothers keep exchanging banter over and over...
"Then those priests overcharged you, Talas - by an hundred and half!"

Redclaw

First Post
The priests of the Host smile and thank you for your business. May Balinor guide your steps through the jungle, and Boldrie welcome you safely back upon your return.

Despite the hustle and bustle around the gate, you notice that very few people seem to actually be leaving the city, or entering it for that matter. It becomes pretty clear to you that Adderport's wealth and energy come from the port, rather than from the jungle that surrounds it.

[sblock=ooc] So, I think the best way to go with this is to delay your departure from the city until the new year, as much as I want to keep things going. Let's keep role-playing as much as possible to keep the thread alive, though. :D [/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
I'm getting back home this evening, so we can start things back up, slowly, if you all are ready. I know Wakka's gone for another few days, but we can do a little bit more (purchasing, gather info, etc) before he returns.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Talas

Talas eyes linger on the holy symbol of the clerics near them, and suddenly he curses. "Damn, I forgot I need some new spell components! I'll be right back."

[sblock=ooc]I forgot a spell component pouch on my sheet. Most of my spells don't need them, but I had better pick one up anyway.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads