• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Regional Feats

GreyOne

Explorer
I'm trying to make some starting regional feats for this campaign I'm tinkering with and I was hoping someone had some examples to post that I could gleefully cut/paste/steal/etc..

GreyOne

Explorer
Well, stuff like:

If you're from the Coast of Tassels, you may take one of the following starting Regional feats:

Know Upholstry: Gives you a +2 Intelligence check on all identification checks of furniture and cushions.

Way of the Pillow: You may throw a pillow with deadly accuracy. When flinging upholstered plush items you may increase the critical threat range to 17-20.

Of course, not silly stuff like this. I'm looking for examples of regional feats people have incorporated in their campaigns to reflect upbringing in different cultures/environments. You know, if you come from the Stonelands you may take the following feats... etc. Similiar I guess to the Forgotten Realms (which I don't have).

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
The FRCS has some good ones so does the Wheel of Time d20 setting. I prefer the WoT version because it takes the free feat and skill point a human gets and allocates it for the player based on country of origin. Nice mechanic. Of course, the WoT setting is VERY human dominant.

[spam]
http://www.murchadslegacy.com/featz.htm

I deliberately overpowered these. The idea was to make them attractive so that the powergamers would take them and force themselves into a role.
[/spam]

GreyOne

Explorer
I'm just looking for examples of what other people have done. Thanks Biggus, those were interesting.

Any other takes?

Crothian

First Post
I just decide what skill, features, or whater an area represents and assign a feat to it. There are way to many areas to sit down and stat them all, so depending on where the PCs want to be from I'll create a feat or two that best represents their area. This also prevents people from choosing a specific area based on the feat that can be selected becasue of where they are from.

Remove ads