Relic Hunters in Tekumel (IC)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: I just happened to stop by because of drama in one of my other games but I don't have time for rolls right now... Feel free to roll and play Kat... I may have a bit of time next week and will try to check in as I can!

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The party continues to battle against two more waves of wild dogs, though it becomes quickly obvious that sticking around to battle is whittling down their strength and resources and the best choice is to flee. Still, the heroines wage a strong, fleeing battle in which their mules are all lost in the chaos. Briony and Elsbeth are also lost in the battle, though they are still thought to be alive as they were last seen taking a flanking action in a deeper part of the swamp, and were relatively unharmed at the point you lost sight of them.

By the time you reach the safety of the base of the distant ziggurat, most of the pursuing dogs have been slain or badly injured. Still, some of the predators pursue and just as they seem to be about to gain on you as you reach the first of the steps, they back off and begin to whine pathetically. Something about this place seems to frighten the hounds off their pursuit. From the shouts behind them, you can tell that the men who set them loose have almost arrived, though you are nearly too exhausted to care, instead enjoying your momentary respite.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Zephia slumps to the ground, in grief as well as exhaustion. Briony was her best friend among the crew.

"Maybe we're all thinking it, maybe its only me, but it seems this job has cost us far too much."

Rubberneck

First Post
Bella stumbles in shortly after, wheezing and trying to catch her breath, pulling at the breastplate to catch some air,

"Damn dogs, haven't fought that hard in quite some time!"

She takes a knee and crawls over to the doorway of the giant stone building and props up against it.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Angelina gave a long look around the area, looking for their comrades. Finally she dusted herself off. "Let's get going inside before the next wave arrives." There was a long pause. "My sister can take care of herself, she'll be alright. Hopefully they show up here soon."

She gathered what provisions and equipment they salvaged, took one last look outside before she put her attention to the doorway. Does it look like it could be trapped?

Remove ads