Relic Hunters in Tekumel (IC)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The temple can be seen on top of the ziggurat, with foreboding stone doors and carvings of skulls, people being dropped into pits of flames, long-toothed humanoid faces and indescribable creatures. As the party climbs up to reach the doors, the trackers finally catch up to the hunting dogs below you at the base of the structure. Though they are armed with bows and spears, you are now too high up the ziggurat for them to take a shot. Like the dogs, the men seem quite nervous to be here and are not willing to climb the tall block steps towards the temple. One shouts up at you, "Ladies, you are in a dangerous place right now. Why don't you come on down? I promise that we only seek to take you prisoner, and that we promise to get you out of here with you still alive. You won't get a better offer from the creatures that rule here."

OOC: The doors do not seem to be trapped, but you'll have to test them to be sure, or take some time to search.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Zephia points her shortbow at them and nocks an arrow while the others check out the door.

"I don't seek to take you prisoner. I seek your deaths. Don't be here when we come out."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: Using the trap class ability, definitely

Angelina briefly glances over her shoulder to get an idea of the size of the group below. "Thanks for the offer boys but no thanks. Can't exactly take the word of pirates as honest, you know?"

She turns back to the doors and keeps looking for traps as quickly as she can. "Girls, keep an eye out for those ba%$@#ds. I don't want to take a chance getting in here if we don't have to."

Rubberneck

First Post
Bella glances back towards the men at the bottom and simply scoffs at their offer. She then turns to give her full attention to the task at hand.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The women above and the men below trade insults and jeers while Angelina gets to work on the vine and moss-covered stone door. She instinctively knows that there is a trigger mechanism somewhere in the branches, if only she can find it before the men become more angry at the Relic Hunters and less frightened of the ziggurat.

OOC: Angelina needs to roll a d20, add her Dex bonus and her character level for the total result. If she beats a 12 she finds the mechanism.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"I knew there was something here!" Angelina says as they hear a click. "Let's go ladies."

OOC: Dex + Level (1d20+6=24)

After they go inside Angelina will try to quickly reset the trap, is she can. Going further, she will continue to be wary and check for traps when necessary.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Angelina puts her hands through a clump of vines in order to wrap her fist around a moss-covered stone lever, which she pulls. The front, stone doors of the ziggurat open with a shake and groan as untold years of silt, roots, and grime are torn loose. The party rushes in, much to the anguished and helpless rage of the men at the base of the structure, as the doors slowly shut back behind you.

The inside looks much larger than what you would have guessed from where you had just stood. Two lanes of black, dust-coated water run along the center of the room. At the end of the room a raised platform of steps leads upwards to a throne where sits a statue of a woman, though the details at this distance escape you. In front of the throne is an granite table with darkened splotches.

Above you daylight still trickles in through large openings at the top of the tall walls, where vines jut out in chaotic patterns of growth. The ground is covered in grime. The air stale and oppressive.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Yolkana nods at Zephia, "At last we have made it here, but surely not out of danger. There are the creatures that worship this place, and also the slavers to contend with outside if they are able to rediscover their courage."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
"I say we kill every last one of them. The slavers I mean. Stalk them, find their base or camp and slit their throats in their sleep."

There's a glint in Zephia's eye as she says this, as if she's a little eager.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases