Reminder: 200 post limit

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I closed a 244 post Rules thread last night. It's worth noting that if you see a 200+ post thread that hasn't been noticed by a moderator, it'd be great if you'd drop a moderator an email or post in Meta about it.

It was especially unfortunate in this case; the thread had started turning OT, criticizing Nutkinland about their criticizing that thread. At least one person has construed the thread's closing as censorship because of the inadvertent timing. Nope; long threads get closed.

Thanks,

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
If anyone would like to send snippy comments into someone's mailbox regarding this issue, please direct them to mine.

When I saw the thread in Nutkinland I popped over and observed two threads, one over 200 (only just at that point) and one in the 150's. I didn't reply to to the 200 one and wasn't sure if we were still enforcing the 200 post limit, so I sat on it, and then finally posted the question to the other Mods. Piratecat then stepped in to close it, offering participants if they wished to start the thread anew if they desired. I hadn't even seen the OT complaints about the Nutkinland complaints yet and regardless, neither has any bearing on the posting count.

So, please, send email my way if you wish to complain or therorize about a Nutkinland conspiracy. PC's got nothing to do with it. He was just alerted to the size of the thread. The 'telltale' Nutkinland link was me.

Last edited:

Someguy

First Post
No conspiracy...nope...none at all..I mean.,...how could we complain about it if it was closed? ;) ;) ;)

This is not the thread you are looking for...
Move along....
Move along...

Green Knight

First Post
WAY off topic but what the hell.

Paladins need not devote themselves to a single deity. Devotion to righteousness is enough for most.

Great quote. I really wish the people who bitch about Paladins only being Lawful Good and want them to be any alignment would remember that. They're not supposed to be the champions of the gods. That's what Clerics are for. Paladins don't NEED godly patrons, nor are they godly champions. They can champion a god if they like, but that's not their reason for existing.

You know what? Sean K. Reynolds oughta write a rant about this subject. I'm gonna e-mail him and suggest it to him.

/off-topic

Berandor

lunatic
Don't.
He'll rant about the opposite.

"In FR, all paladins have to follow a deity. So in all worlds, this is meant to be the case. I know in the PH and the old Paladin's handbook - which was crap by the way - it says otherwise, but it's an error."

I can already see it...

B

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
I believe so.

But don't worry - we'll leave a not saying "exceeded size...please start another thread" and don't forget to number them so that you'll be able to remember what order the go in. :)

Also, back up your story-hours. Always keep copies of the stuff you want to save. :)

Remove ads