Renaming this forum

Crothian

First Post
Kai Lord said:

Only if you think two people having both seen Titan AE is worthy of investigation by Mulder and Scully.

Actually Bob was used in that same fasion for many, many years before that movie.

Chun-tzu

First Post
Umbran said:

Not really. I think Crothian is making a sci-fi film reference. Nothing X-Files worthy in that.

Kai Lord said:

Only if you think two people having both seen Titan AE is worthy of investigation by Mulder and Scully.

Obviously you guys are non-believers who can't see the truth staring you in the face. What are you going to believe, that we came up with the same joke independently, or that Crothian is STEALING MY THOUGHTS!!!!! And he's coming for you, too! Crothian is taking over the Hivemind!

Kai Lord

Hero
Crothian said:

Actually Bob was used in that same fasion for many, many years before that movie.
Well then, this should be easier to cite examples from than crippled guys who do backflips. Name three. :cool:

Crothian

First Post
Kai Lord said:

Well then, this should be easier to cite examples from than crippled guys who do backflips. Name three. :cool:

The Shadowrun game back in January 94 at BGSU where all the guys from Lonestar were named Bob.

The Torg game from 96 where the PC from the florida swamps called every Bob.

The D&D second edition game from 97 where all the unstated NPCs where called Bob.

:D

Kai Lord

Hero
Crothian said:

The Shadowrun game back in January 94 at BGSU where all the guys from Lonestar were named Bob.

The Torg game from 96 where the PC from the florida swamps called every Bob.

The D&D second edition game from 97 where all the unstated NPCs where called Bob.

:D
Well, I didn't say the examples had to be from sources not insanely niche and obscure, so those do qualify. Titan AE and possibly Terminator 2 ("Uncle Bob") were the only two mainstream examples that immediately came to mind.

Crothian

First Post
Kai Lord said:

Well, I didn't say the examples had to be from sources not insanely niche and obscure, so those do qualify. Titan AE and possibly Terminator 2 ("Uncle Bob") were the only two mainstream examples that immediately came to mind.

Generic Bob has been something people have been doing for at least 20 years. I don't know if it really got into mainstream media that often, but many people have been using it for a while.

Remove ads