Reporting Non-Post Content

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Just curious, but how do I report for the mods actions that don't themselves have a Report button attached? For example; antagonistic laugh reacts, or anti-inclusive custom titles?

aco175

Legend
Just curious, but how do I report for the mods actions that don't themselves have a Report button attached? For example; antagonistic laugh reacts, or anti-inclusive custom titles?
Are you asking about the little emojis that people leave with a thumbs up, laugh, or hearts in the eyes? Are you saying that some of them offend you? The second part of your question is about thread titles and you are offended by some words people may use?

Xamnam

Loves Your Favorite Game
Are you asking about the little emojis that people leave with a thumbs up, laugh, or hearts in the eyes? Are you saying that some of them offend you?
If someone writes a serious post about bigotry they've faced, and someone laugh reacts to it, that's pretty direct mockery, and the mods have previously explicitly called that sort of use out as unacceptable behavior.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
I sometimes use the report button for a post at the end of a thread if I feel that there is a general issue I'd like to draw the mods' attention to. In the report, I clearly state that the report is not with the actual post, and then explain the issue. But this is just my way of doing things, and the mods might prefer another approach.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Are you asking about the little emojis that people leave with a thumbs up, laugh, or hearts in the eyes? Are you saying that some of them offend you? The second part of your question is about thread titles and you are offended by some words people may use?
So when I say something fairly serious about, say, my identity, and somebody uses the laugh react to that, that's very directly an attack on me.

Custom titles are the little things under your names on the left side of posts. So you're a "Legend", and Snarf is a "Notorious Liquefactionist", and some people use that space to display their transphobia, which I don't think is particularly on the mods' radar a lot of the times.

Good to know you can report in the profile

aco175

Legend
If someone writes a serious post about bigotry they've faced, and someone laugh reacts to it, that's pretty direct mockery, and the mods have previously explicitly called that sort of use out as unacceptable behavior.
I have gotten the sad face emoji before for something I posted. Seemed like the person was trying to shame me for my post and thinking. Never thought to report them, since most threads are gone tomorrow and hardly linger for long. I guess if the same person kept cropping up.

aco175

Legend
Custom titles are the little things under your names on the left side of posts. So you're a "Legend", and Snarf is a "Notorious Liquefactionist", and some people use that space to display their transphobia, which I don't think is particularly on the mods' radar a lot of the times.
I have noticed these, but never tried to change mine. I can see where some people suck and try to place certain things in. I wonder where the line is though. If I change mine to Happy Golfer, nobody would care but what about Proud American would someone think that is offensive? How about Pro-life or Pro-choice? There is likely some line, but everyone has their own threshold.

Remove ads