Reporting Non-Post Content

Reynard

Legend
The rules of the forum are that that we keep it inclusive. If someone is engaging in anti-inclusive behavior to undermine that, then it should be brought to the attention of the mods. Just blocking the one doing it fails to address the problem.
So report them then block them.

But the thing is we are responsible for our own feelings. That doesn't mean we aren't allowed to have them, but it does mean we have to deal with them. If something someone is doing makes you angry on a forum,you lose nothing by ignoring them and making it so they can't see you either.

Alternatively, just message them. "Hey, you added a laugh emotion to my post and I was being serious. I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was joking." Or similar.

The point is, it's on us. We are responsible.

Alternatively, just message them. "Hey, you added a laugh emotion to my post and I was being serious. I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was joking." Or similar.

C'mon, it's basically never a mystery as to why someone is doing this. You really expect people to do this, on the 5% chance it was an innocent misunderstanding?

The point of this thread is to ask about reporting. You don't have to be interested in reporting for the reasons the OP is asking about, but responding by saying "It's on you" is brutal stuff.

kenada

Legend
Supporter
That was the question being asked: how to do that when the source is not a post (something easily reported). Just blocking someone doesn’t answer that question.

But the thing is we are responsible for our own feelings. That doesn't mean we aren't allowed to have them, but it does mean we have to deal with them. If something someone is doing makes you angry on a forum,you lose nothing by ignoring them and making it so they can't see you either.

The question was about reporting anti-inclusive content. Ignoring it and carrying on as if it’s just a disagreement about games makes the community less welcoming not just to those it targets but everyone. Also, sometimes it’s not or doesn’t feel safe to engage a harasser directly. That’s what the mods are for, which (again) is what this thread is about: how to bring it to their attention.

Reynard

Legend
C'mon, it's basically never a mystery as to why someone is doing this. You really expect people to do this, on the 5% chance it was an innocent misunderstanding?
Oh, I don't expect anything. I'm saying that if someone is somehow motivated to do something besides just make that person disappear by way of 2 way ignore, then I guess directly confronting them about it is an option. I still think just erasing them from your ENWorld experience is much easier and leads to a more enjoyable experience.
The point of this thread is to ask about reporting. You don't have to be interested in reporting for the reasons the OP is asking about, but responding by saying "It's on you" is brutal stuff.
I didn't say "it's on you." I said we, each of us, are responsible for our own feelings. That's a different thing. I'm not blaming someone for feeling their feelings. I'm saying that they are the key to their own peace with those feelings.

There are 8 billion people on the planet. Your life will not be negatively impacted in the slightest if you elimate a handful of the worst ones from your ENWorld experience.

Or you could try to make the forum a less antagonistic place. The OP is asking how to do that, not for a free therapy session.

If it's the account I'm thinking of, I suspect it's a burner/sock puppet account. Created on Sunday and all it's done is laugh-react to a bunch of pro-inclusivity posts in the Harry Potter thread, and love react a single post in that thread. Add the two together and I think that's more than enough reason to report it.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Just curious, but how do I report for the mods actions that don't themselves have a Report button attached? For example; antagonistic laugh reacts, or anti-inclusive custom titles?

You can PM us for many things.

And, by the way, for the anti-inclusive titles, you can report their profile page, and note to us that there's a problem.

We are discussing one of those right now, actually...

Last edited:

Remove ads