Request: Play along with bugaboo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously guys, I like his humor, and I want to see people actually fall for the joke. It's all light-hearted, so please, stop posting stuff like "Ha ha, good to have you back," or "Nice troll, Bugaboo!" That ruins the whole point, and more importantly, it's rude. You're preventing others from enjoying Bugaboo's humor the way we all used to.

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Re: Re: Request: Play along with bugaboo.

To those who don't like his humor, please, just don't read his threads. Let him, and the rest of us, have some fun.

For the record, I was gotten REALLY good a few times when I started hanging around on the site, and you know what? I got over it. It's a little FUN.

I have half a mind to delete posts that spoil it with "Troll-o-meter" and related un-fun-ness I see.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Look, the thing is, people who have no idea about Bugaboo or the history of the site will be bamboozled. Yeah, I know that's the point, but...people do come here for information, after all. Then, once people buy Bugaboo's often very well-thought-out and -written trolls, we begin to see urban legends spring up, or people get frustrated because they feel that they're being excluded from a joke, or that they're somehow the butt of that joke. I guess it isn't that bad, but I have to admit that I feel sorry for the people who don't get that it's a joke; I empathize, because I, too, hate feeling like everyone else is in on a joke that I don't get. People who don't know Bugaboo will have no reason to avoid reading his posts if they aren't to their tastes.

I know I'm sounding like a party-pooper, but I won't go and ruin the fun. This isn't a diatribe, just another viewpoint.

Last edited:

Furn_Darkside

First Post
ColonelHardisson said:
Look, the thing is, people who have no idea about Bugaboo or the history of the site will be bamboozled.

Not to mention if someone else came here to spread misinformation for laughs at the people who believe them, I doubt they would be protected.

FD

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Furn_Darkside said:

Not to mention if someone else came here to spread misinformation for laughs at the people who believe them, I doubt they would be protected.

FD
We know Bugaboo; we won't know any newcomer - at least at first.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Darkness said:
We know Bugaboo; we won't know any newcomer - at least at first.

That is my point.

Finding humor by abusing the trust of newer people to this community is only being allowed because it is being done by one of the good-ol-boys.

FD

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Furn_Darkside said:

That is my point.

Finding humor by abusing the trust of newer people to this community is only being allowed because it is being done by one of the good-ol-boys.

FD
I know that this is your point. :)

But I think that you might be missing the reasoning behind this:

We don't - can't - know what a newcomer is up to. And, therefore, what damage he might cause if left unchecked.
But the same isn't true for Bugaboo. :) We know Bug and we also know that he's not malicious.

Also: If people are calling him on being a troll when he posts as Bugaboo, he'll just post under an alternate ID like he's done in the past couple months (which is also one of the reasons that the user ID "Bugaboo" has so few posts to his credit here on the new boards ;)).
Which won't help anyone who's calling Bugaboo a troll as soon as he sees him, really: Spotting a "disguised" Bugaboo as a troll isn't too easy in most of the cases (not at first, that is).
So old-timers who spoil Bug's game primarily hurt themselves: 'cause if they spoil it, they might fall for it next time, given that he'll post under an alias. But if they don't spoil it, they could laugh along with Bug (or ignore him) instead of that...

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads